Skip to content
Maintankadin

Avoidance Macro -

Durnn
Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Avoidance Macro -

In TBC, there was a nice (though detailed and long) macro that when HS was activated, it would give you your total avoidance. Has that macro been updated (or does it need to be)? I have tried to find it on several of these threads, and I may just be missing it, but if I am not, it would be great to have that tool once again.
Scottzirra
Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm
there is still a macro that functions. as far as it needing updating, I am not 100% sure about this, but I am led to believe that the macro functions off of the % shown in the character sheet. All of these are after diminishing returns, except for the miss rating given from defense rating. however the amount of miss gained from the defense is fairly low (6-8%), so I assume u only need to be a % or 2 above what it actually shows.


QuantumDelta
Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:28 pm
Invis got it.
Miss d/r is really harsh though so read up some numbers if you have high defence.
_________________
While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
luminae
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:50 am
whyyyyyyy won't mine display a number Sad

i straight up copy-pasted invis' and mine gives me NADA

Evil or Very Mad
crabcrouton
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:51 am
That macro's DR is only inaccurate due to Miss' diminishing returns and the game's inability to show it on the character pane (instead of mouseover). The character pane adjusts for Dodge and Parry's DR, which is what the macro uses to calculate.

By using Harlekin's spreadsheet (his post is found further down in this very same subforum) and comparing it with what the above macro spat out, I noticed a 1-2% difference. This is in-line with DR on Miss alone instead of all three avoidances combined.
QuantumDelta
Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:20 am
Invis' works fine, you have to make sure that the line breaks are in and the code is intact though, it needs to look like his post inside the macro window.
_________________
While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
luminae
Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:24 am
no dice =(

it gives me the "need 102.4" message, but then tells me nothing >.<
QuantumDelta
Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 am
Then this line:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*0.20333)*0.04,1,0.5,0)


Isn't working in your macro.
It needs to be on a seperate line (line-break) to the previous script in the macro, and intact.
Then it works fine.
_________________
While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
Discus
Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:46 am
For those of us who are macro challenged, is it possible to get this to work in the add on tankadin2 as it used to in tankadin? Currently I just get a list of incomprehensible numbers that don't change when I hit HS.
towelliee
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:24 pm
Since Block is not avoidance...I just need to take out the block chance part of the macro correct?
_________________