Skip to content
Maintankadin

TPS question.

Nammi
Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:04 pm

TPS question.

I just switched from Hammer of Quiet Mourning(1.6 speed) to the Titansteel Bonecrusher(2.5 speed), so a hefty change in speed, but an even bigger boost in AP and MH damage. So my question is about Seals, should I switch from SoC to SoR because the speed is too slow to apply the debuff? Ive tested my dps in the long run and it's about the same give or take 10 or 20 dps, not using consecrate, holy shield or avengers shield, just judge and ShoR I maintained 1500 dps with my ShoR hitting all 3 targets 100% of the time.
Im focusing on OT'ing all 10 mans and running heroics regular, I realize SoR would be optimal for heals, but what about for tanking 2-3 or 5-6 mobs?
Any help is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.
_________________


M-M-O-R-P-G
Massive Men Online Role Playing Girls
amh
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:05 am
Edit: Nevermind, thought you meant Seal of Command.
_________________
Armory

Snake-Aes
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:08 am
My Guess is that he meant SoCorr since he specified that the speed could be too low to stack it.

The answer is no, you don't have to switch. Even with a 2.5 weapon you still take only a few seconds to stack it up:

0.0 Swing x1
0.0 HotC x2
2.5 Swing x3
5.0 Swing x4
6.0 HotC x5


Compared with a 1.6 weapon...

0.0 Swing x1
0.0 HotC x2
1.6 Swing x3
3.2 Swing x4
4.8 Swing x5


1,2 seconds faster.
_________________
Promoted from Spankadin to Rayearth Magic Knight!
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Stairway to Heaven
amh
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:09 am
Speed isn´t really an issue with SoV/Cor, since you get that five-stack up so quickly anyway. SoR would be slightly more bursty (and it´s great in cc-sensitive pulls), but I think SoV/Cor wins out once the stack is up. The Glyph also makes it oh so much more tasty.
_________________
Armory

trellian
Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 am
I found that speed does make it easier tabtargetting through a group of mobs to get as many of SoV stacks up on as many targets asap...
On 1 mob, it's just 1.5secs... but on 3 targets, that's allready 4.5s.

I love my regular rogue though. TotT + Fan of Knives makes that I can relax and focus on leading Smile
_________________
Sytaena