Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you aim for hit cap?

Jellypop
Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 am

Do you aim for hit cap?

Basically, what do you aim for?

I'm reaching closer and closer to reaching hit cap unbuffed, and I'm wondering what others feel about this.
_________________
Zironic
Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:37 am
Hit is nice but I'm not going out of my way for it.
_________________
Gamingdevil
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:10 am
Voted the third option, since it's what I do, but I'm not above 200. I just take tank gear, if it has hit, great, if not, meh.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Selinaria
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:24 am
If it comes on gear that is otherwise an upgrade for me, I take it.

At the moment I really do not gear for hit and if/when threat becomes an issue then I will perhaps start to worry more about it.
_________________
Spectrum
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:31 am
I just ignore hit rating all together on gear. It's a practically useless stat. We have enough threat already and RD has a glyph that puts it up high enough that you'll be capped in no time anyway.

MAYBE you'll miss a ShoR or AS and your DPS will have to wait 1.5 seconds to start DPSing until you can do another attack.

It's just not an issue when you can front-load 8k threat in a ranged pull and maintain 5k TPS.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
daemonym
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:33 am
id love to be hit capped but it's not a real concearn as far as looking for upgrades goes, if it's there great, but i'd rather that it was 44 dodge rather than 44 hit. however for my trash/heroic set i'll be looking into getting gear with hit on it for that just to make things go a tad smoother in addition to BV. nothing is more annoying than pulling a group of 4 and AS only hits 1 of them >_<
_________________
DramaticBaby
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:22 am
I dont aim for it, if I choose between avoidance and hit, then avoidance is definitely at the top of my list.

Though I had 289 hit not so long ago, almost fell off my chair when I saw it because I hadn't checked how much I had since early 70+ Razz

I voted on option number 3, a stat that is nice to have but not that important so I would replace avoidance and def.
_________________
Majiben
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 am
AMOYM

Always max out your mitigation.
_________________
Lythac
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 am
I'm voting for -

Try to avoid where possible on gear, find out you have around 50 hit and enchant weapon/gloves with hit as missing taunts on 4H is annoying. In 3.0.8 really don't care about.

Also when building a ret/prot dps gearset looking around EJ there was discussion of both 3% ghost hit (to be fixed) and to be melee hit capped we only need 8% rather than 9% now? If it is 8% and you have a draenei, surely 230 is enough to be hit capped?

As I don't care about hit cap and my ret/prot gear takes me over cap I haven't had to look at it much.
_________________
Jellypop
Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:22 pm
Our guild is at a point where we blow heroism just before thane arrives to me, and he's dead with 12 seconds to go in heroism, taunt isn't even nessersary.

the hit rating i'd want is more so for threat, crazy dpsers
_________________
xstrykr
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm
My latest upgrades recently dropped me under 200HR, but that's really not a major deal for me. Whatever gear has HR on it, fine, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to nab it.

That being said, I am a bit saddened that the tier pieces don't have more hit on it.
_________________

Me: 15/15 Naxx-10, Arch-10, Sarth+0-10, Arch-25
Candiru
Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 am
164 hit rating hit caps me for melee attacks!

ShoR still has 3% miss though Sad
Prope
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:01 am
Just checked, im at 200 exactly. Never did gear for it though.
_________________
Adanel
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:38 am
With the current blizzard itemization the gear with hit(or expertise) may not be that better for threat/dps than the gear without due the str penalty, and usually the gear without has considerably more avoidance.

I've raided some time with ~5% hit + 3% ´ghost´ hit and it was great to know for sure that attack would land, i'll try to get it again in my ´serious´ tank set when maxxena belt drops.
_________________
Adanel lvl 80 BE Paladin@Warsong