Skip to content
Maintankadin

Respec for Libram of Obstruction?

Dinedan
Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Respec for Libram of Obstruction?

Is it worth respeccing for 2/2 into Improved Judgements for increased uptime on the Block Value of Libram of Obstruction?

Too, my rotation now always has me ShoR immediately after Judgement for increased threat/damage.

Am I off in my thinking or gimping my threat by altering my rotation? I don't recall ever changing talents for gear before.
_________________
majorwoo
Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 pm
If you are using the 6969 you can't get any benefit from a 8sec judge, if you are skipping GCD's in order to get to the judgement again your gimping your threat/dps. There are several threads on why 6969 beats the 8 sec judge, and the 10 sec consecration glyph.

So no, not worth it. The FAQ at the top of this area has lots of details on it.
_________________

Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
fuzzygeek
Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:46 pm
Some people take 2/2 Imp Judge specifically to wrassle adds on Sarth; it will gimp your threat on a standard 969 rotation over a typical fight.

I've been finding it fun for prot pvp too :]
_________________
PsiVen
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 pm
2/2 doesn't gimp anything, but it does cost a talent point that you won't be using in your typical rotation. Personally I haven't found it necessary for Sarth; while we have few ranged attacks, there are rarely mobs in Judgement range that I can't reach to melee. It's certainly my highest priority move so I could see trying it out, but for the most part 969 works even when you're switching targets every GCD.

My current talent build has one 'unused' point in Ret (1/5 Ben) that could be put into 2/2, and IMO PoJ is so handy that you ought to be 12 Ret anyway for that fight.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Elsie
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:22 pm
It'd be useful for fights that aren't threat sensitive and thus 9696 doesn't matter. Which is almost every fight right now.

The fights that come to mind are patchwerk, p2 Malygos, and loatheb where BV is super handy. Also any aoe situation... which isn't really any boss right now except Addtherion. Otherwise it isn't a huge gain over 1/2.
Dinedan
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 pm
I usually use a 969 (HS/HotR/Judge/ShotR/Cons) but — as some folks have pointed out — threat is rarely an issue while survival sometimes is.

I guess it's not hurting to have the point there instead of Bene as I want PoJ for some of the movement fights anyway.
_________________
Dinedan
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:51 pm
Again, I find threat to be a non-issue at the moment so prioritizing Judgement to keep Libram active for enhanced mitigation seems "right" to me. Of course if threat becomes an issue having judge available sooner shouldn't hurt 969 unless I hit it out of sequence.

I guess I answered my own question Smile
_________________
Knaughty
Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Sarth+3[10] has tempted me into pulling one point out of SotP and putting it into 2/2 Judge.

I'm running around with +0% speed at the moment, will probably get Tuskaur's on my Badge boots.

@OP's exact question: 2/2 isn't bad for TPS when doing 969. It just doesn't help - zero impact while doing 969, lets you judge 1-sec early if you really need it. Consecration Glyph hurts, 2/2 Judge doesn't.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty of the Nightfall.
Basic FAQ and Advanced FAQ
Wolvar
Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 pm
Gimping threat doesn't matter for this content. If yer going deeper into ret for big numbers i'd look at maxxing conviction and blowing off POJ. 2 points for 7% movement bonus doesn't seem like it's worth it to me.

Tuskarr's is more bettah.
_________________
PsiVen
Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:46 pm
Tuskarr's is stupidly expensive while 22 stamina is dirt cheap. 15% speed is a big difference for Sarth10, where you might not have an Unholy Aura handy. In most 25-man raids you probably will, but the talent will never get itself killed or go out of range.

Keep in mind that by the same token that damage doesn't matter, mitigation doesn't matter either. Now, it's true that mitigation is generally more important, but LoO's lack of full uptime means that it's not entirely reliable mitigation that you're gaining and you lose quite a substantial amount of DPS (not just threat!). It's tempting to think that a slightly different rotation won't hurt your output that much, but a slight change throws everything off.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Wolvar
Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:04 pm
Tuskarr's is not expensive when you look at it as buying 2 talent points. Any speed boost helps on all content, I don't find much difference between 15% and 8%.

I basically had POJ until I got epic boots and then respecced and put those 2 points where it would do more good than just a speed bonus.
_________________