Skip to content
Maintankadin

Passive Block Cap

Elsie
Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Passive Block Cap

Disclaimer: this is not for MT purposes except possibly loltheb.

Has anyone been able to find a gear set capable of this yet? The best I've tried has gained ~72.3% using SBR gear in naxx and defense gems/enchants which seems less than my normal tank gear.

edit: 85.02 passive avoidance with some changes. I don't have a chardev account or I'd link it.
zelah
Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:00 pm
I doubt it's possible at the moment. the real question is, why on earth would you want passive block cap? just curious
agnara
Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:15 pm
zelah wrote:I doubt it's possible at the moment. the real question is, why on earth would you want passive block cap? just curious
Killing garr while afk, with only a shieldspike? Or maybe some other bosses
Elsie
Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:25 pm
zelah wrote:I doubt it's possible at the moment. the real question is, why on earth would you want passive block cap? just curious

Farming elites and instances.
daemonym
Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:49 pm
zelah wrote:I doubt it's possible at the moment. the real question is, why on earth would you want passive block cap? just curious


never ask why, ask why not. and as such, why the hell would you not want a passive block cap set? it's made of concentrated awesome and win +1.
fuzzygeek
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:00 pm
I did a search for BR gear on lootrank.com ( http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=2&De ... =100&Ver=6 ); the set, assembled on Warcrafter with all +def gems and def or agil enchants puts it at

21,714 hp
517 def

44.18% block
87.04% avoidance

Edit: actually no; I added these numbers together, which isn't correct.

Defense Rating 517
Defense Skill 503
Dodge Rating 161
Dodge Chance %18.91
Parry Rating 34
Parry Chance %14.83
Block 318
Block Rating 596
Block Chance % 44.18
Avoidance % 87.04

So this is still only 87%
Majiben
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:03 pm
That doesn't sound right. The avoidance numbers seem way too high.
Dorvan
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:13 pm
Please don't use avoidance when you mean "miss+block+dodge+parry". passive Block-capped and passive 102.4% avoidance are two very different milestones.
Majiben
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:15 pm
Again Block =/= Avoidance.

Also do those numbers take DR into account?

Also you didn't put any value on agility, dodge or parry.
fuzzygeek
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:17 pm
Dorvan wrote:Please don't use avoidance when you mean "miss+block+dodge+parry". passive Block-capped and passive 102.4% avoidance are two very different milestones.


Yes, the site uses an "avoidance %" which includes BR, which is what threw me off.

Someone get Warcrafter to change that :P

Image

edit: and I'd wager the site doesn't take DR into account.

also edit: the tree reads 0/0/0 in the shot, but the 5% dodge and 5% parry are specified (and accounted for in the stats).

more edit: hey, no weapon or shield.

Added those, which brings it to:

Defense Rating 590
Defense Skill 518
Dodge Rating 185
Dodge Chance %21.05
Parry Rating 68
Parry Chance %16.14
Block 539
Block Rating 642
Block Chance %47.48
Avoidance %94.3

So, closer, but not quite.
Wolvar
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:24 pm
passive Block-capped and passive 102.4% avoidance are two very different milestones.


What is the difference? 102.4% = block capped, does it not?
Majiben
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 pm
Also you have overvalued block rating. You have 11 BR ranked higher than 31 parry + 34 defense.
fuzzygeek
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Wolvar wrote:
passive Block-capped and passive 102.4% avoidance are two very different milestones.


What is the difference? 102.4% = block capped, does it not?


The nitpick is that "avoidance" should include dodge/parry/miss only.

Block Rating is technically "mitigation," as you still "take the hit" -- even if your BV reduces the damage to 0.
Wolvar
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 pm
LOL nitpick is right. I'm pretty sure that 102.4% passive avoidance isn't a milestone at all except maybe in our dreams.
Zironic
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 pm
Passive 102.4% avoidance is meant to be impossible in this expansion, that was the very reason they added DR on avoidance.

Seems we're roughly 20% off being passive block capped so it might be possible in the next tier.