Skip to content
Maintankadin

Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

larathus
Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

was playing around with Rawr the other day and it showed this card as a very important upgrade for a trinket. It has the nice +300 (3000)health addition (my highest atrribute) as well as either the +90 strength or agility. What are your opinions on this trinket and if is the Agi or STR one better?


Also what is the block and dodge cap ?
Jasari
Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

The proc can't award stamina.

It's a fantastic threat/BV trinket, but not great for a general MT set.

The block cap refers to having 102.4% avoidance + block... a point at which any additional block rating will be completely useless because you've pushed unblocked hits off the combat table.

I believe I read some math at one point that said that dodge has a cap 88% or something, but that's high enough to be irrelevant and definitely not something you should consider when gearing.
Corpsicle
Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

Strength would be better - it increases attack power and block value, providing both threat and mitigation. Agility is nice, but there are other trinket options for providing either effective health, crit, or avoidance (which is all you get out of Agility) and all the other trinket options do it better I'd think.
Majiben
Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 am

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

You get armor out of agility as well.
Isetnefret
Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

Am I mistaken or can you not CHOOSE what it procs?

I thought it was based off your highest stat.....and no paladin that I've ever seen has had more agility than str.......
Jasari
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

Isetnefret wrote:Am I mistaken or can you not CHOOSE what it procs?

I thought it was based off your highest stat.....and no paladin that I've ever seen has had more agility than str.......


This is correct. You can choose to get the +90 agility card though, even though the proc will award strength.

That said, I see no reason to get the agility card as there are better avoidance and mitigation trinkets out there. The strength card is awesome though for a BV/Threat toy.
larathus
Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

So Greatness Strength or agility is good for Ret though correct?
Dakiros
Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

larathus wrote:So Greatness Strength or agility is good for Ret though correct?


The strength card is incredible for ret, might not be BiS anymore but its damn close.
Dorvan
Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

Dakiros wrote:
larathus wrote:So Greatness Strength or agility is good for Ret though correct?


The strength card is incredible for ret, might not be BiS anymore but its damn close.


It's still BiS, inc hard mode loot. Str + Str proc is OP for Ret.
Zumor
Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42987
you can have
strenght
Int
Spirit
Agi

it procs strenght, Int, Spirit, Agi, whatever is highest

you cant have stamina and wont proc stamina, (imo useless for PvE, I dont think I need the extra aggro (yet), and the migiation part is so so as well)
but one hell of a trinket for Ret
Kalakaua
Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:22 am

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

Jasari wrote:The strength card is awesome though for a BV/Threat toy.


Toy? This is my trinket of choice for Hard Mode Hodir. I'm glad they threw in a fight where I really have to push it on threat. Elemental shammy did 10k+ dps on our first successful attempt.

But yeah, in order to not spread misinformation, this trinket is not for general purpose main tanking. If you need more threat or dps though, there's nothing better in the game.
Elsie
Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

It's great for trash. Some extra tank dps certainly lets people rip open asap and adds to the total damage. I kind of like it for Freya for the quicker threat and BV.
Threatco
Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

the 90 intel one for holy paladin is not as good as many of the 213 or higher caster trinkets you can get from raids.
Awyndel
Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:26 am

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

Nice for farming content. Put in in your block set and see a few very surprised alts wonder why your outdpsing them by a longshot while tanking.

Also nice in that ret dual spec wich you will most likely have.
Faids
Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:39 am

Re: Opinions about Darkmoon card:Greatness

i use this card with my block set... I don't use this set much in Ulduar but I pretty much use it throughout Naxx25 pugs and laugh at DPS players that I am out damaging. Block set is still viable for some fights such as freya offtank, XT offtank, Razor, Thorim arena, etc. I tend to use my full block set on any boss where I am tanking multiple mobs that do frequent physical attacks. Otherwise I stick with a regular avoidance/EH set.