Skip to content
Maintankadin

Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Trevize
Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

I have been noticing an oddity with Avenger's Shield the last couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone else is noticing it. It is not silencing mobs in PvE anymore. I have tried it on any number of mobs and bosses and where it used to work a few weeks ago...it does not now.

Can someone else confirm/deny this?
Nikachelle
Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Trevize wrote:I have been noticing an oddity with Avenger's Shield the last couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone else is noticing it. It is not silencing mobs in PvE anymore. I have tried it on any number of mobs and bosses and where it used to work a few weeks ago...it does not now.

Can someone else confirm/deny this?


Was silencing the healer in Thorim's arena yesterday for me.
Trevize
Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Specific mobs I noticed it happening last night were all the caster's in Vezaxx trash. Phase 1 of Yogg it wasn't working either.
Soralin
Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Unless I'm mistaken the majority of Vezax's trash casters have been immune to silence for a while, avenger's shield or otherwise. Interrupt effects work, silences don't.
Trevize
Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

I know for certain that Iron Council...the little guy...AS did silence his casts and it doesn't now.
jere
Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:59 am

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Odd, when I tried it two weeks ago, it didn't silence him.
Conaan!
Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:20 am

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

once the little guy is the last one up he is immune to silence and stun
moduspwnens
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:17 am

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Conaan! wrote:once the little guy is the last one up he is immune to silence and stun


Yeah, this. He's stunnable while anyone else is up.
Soralin
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Trevize wrote:I know for certain that Iron Council...the little guy...AS did silence his casts and it doesn't now.

As people have said, Stormcaller Brundir is susceptible to both silences and stuns until he is the last Council member alive, at which point he becomes immune to both. Normal interrupts still work.
Candiru
Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

He's also immune to stun/silence/interupt while casting overload!
Mert
Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

I can confirm that AS doesn't silence Vezax trash as we were fighting him last night and I noticed this very thing. As everyone else has said, it works on Brundir to get him out of the runes and stuff until phase 3, at which point it stops working. I don't know why they made the Vezax trash immune to silence, it's a massive pain in the backside, but at least they can be deathgripped.
Aghrea
Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

It seems the silence effect only work on stunable type of mobs
Mutley
Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Aghrea wrote:It seems the silence effect only work on stunable type of mobs


No, when Vezax trash wasn't stunable it did silence them. As soon as that was changed it didn't work anymore, and you could also no longer use HoJ to pull them closer.
Trevize
Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

I noticed many of these changes when the HoJ was implemented. I found many mobs were not silenced by AS anymore.
Worldie
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Avenger's Shield Not Silencing in PvE

Which sounds odd considering the silence on AS was implemented far after the interrupt on HoJ.



To the OP: Stop trying to silence immune mobs.