Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

Soldierxx
Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

"Shield of Righteousness now causes Holy damage equal to 100% of your block value (down from 130%) and now causes High threat. "


They added the "causes high threat" at the end. What exactly does this mean? I thought that ability did high threat anyway. Does this mean its going to equal to how it was at 130%?
Koatanga
Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

That would be awesome if it did.

And if that's the case, I can take a small reduction in tanking DPS if it means my threat is still ungodly high.

Keeping my optimist hat on, I think our dev team is doing a lot of favours for Paladins. We just get stronger and stronger.
sublimated
Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

Going out on a limb here, but I guess they mean it gets an added threat bonus which stacks on top of the holy damage bonus generated by RF to start with.

I've always had the impression that AS had a similar threat dump built into it, but that was always my assumption as well, really never had much foundation to back that claim nor the one above :mrgreen:

Anyone care to enlighten me?
sublimated
Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:58 pm

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

On another note, this change is probably being implemented due to exorcism being able to be cast on players once again. I'm not too happy about this change, as they are raising the cast time to 1.5sec, making it an unviable choice for threat dumping.

Maybe pull sequence will have to be exo -> AS now instead of AS -> exo :P
Dorvan
Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:07 am

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

As I said in the other thread this is from data mined information only, so I wouldn't put much stock in it in the absence of more direct information. It could easily have been a case of branching from an earlier tooltip by mistake.
Macktruck
Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 am

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

The tooltip originally said that the spell caused high threat when Wotlk launched, but that was an error. It does(did) high dmg, and it had no additional threat coefficient added on.

Now it WILL have an additional threat co-efficient added on, just like sunder from vanilla wow. The changes to SHoR is basically a pvp nerf with a lil change so it won't affect PvE threat. It's just a straight 100% BV with high threat instead of 130% BV +520.
Lave
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:48 am

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

so it will deal 100% damage but like 130% (number out of the blue) threat even before rf+stance modifier?
Soralin
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

Macktruck wrote:The tooltip originally said that the spell caused high threat when Wotlk launched, but that was an error. It does(did) high dmg, and it had no additional threat coefficient added on.

Now it WILL have an additional threat co-efficient added on, just like sunder from vanilla wow. The changes to SHoR is basically a pvp nerf with a lil change so it won't affect PvE threat. It's just a straight 100% BV with high threat instead of 130% BV +520.


Are you sure that they are removing the "+520" damage from it? The patch notes simply mentioned the 130% -> 100% change, and made no mention of the additional damage in either current (live) version of new (ptr) version. If indeed this +520 is being removed I could understand them adding an additional threat modifier to it to maintain its current level of threat.
Ascendant
Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 am

Re: Shield of Righteousness now causes high threat?

I'm going with typo, or rather, the same typo that has been around in every previous PTR that I can remember.