Here is some data I gathered on ShoR on the PTR:
- Code: Select all
Damage
BV MIN MAX
---------------------------
2400 2920 2920
2413 2932 2933
2439 2956 2956
2454 2969 2970
2475 2987 2988
2521 3026 3026
2627 3103 3104
2673 3133 3134
2825 3211 3211
2978 3260 3260
3022 3269 3269
3025 3269 3270
3041 3272 3272
3087 3278 3278
3100 3278 3279
3117 3280 3280
3130 3280 3280
3155 3281 3281
3282 3280 3280
Note the oddity at 3155. I double checked both it and 3282, and those results were repeatable.
I then extracted out the block value past 2400 and also back calculated the "effective" block value of the damage done:
- Code: Select all
Eff Block Value
Extra BV MIN MAX
-----------------------------
0 0 0
13 12 13
39 36 36
54 49 50
75 67 68
121 106 106
227 183 184
273 213 214
425 291 291
578 340 340
622 349 349
625 349 350
641 352 352
687 358 358
700 358 359
717 360 360
730 360 360
755 361 361
882 360 360
Again, the line associated with 3155 has an oddity.
I tried using the interpolation algorithm and came up with three equations:
Ignoring last two lines: y = -0.0006x^2 + 0.9510x - 0.2712 ===> R^2 = 1
Ignoring only last line: y = -0.0006x^2 + 0.9507x - 0.2511 ===> R^2 = 1
Using all lines: y = -0.0006x^2 + 0.9360x + 0.6595 ===> R^2 = 0.9999999
y ==> effective block value
x ==> actual block value
So there are some interesting oddities.
As far as spec, I went up into protection for redoubt since I didn't have enough block value gear to get above 2400 without it, but I avoided any damage increasing talents like 1HWS or Crusade
NOTE: Some of the recorded damage values could be incomplete. I hit them for a while each time, but it could be just a really low probability of hitting the other min/max value. So there is some error there.
EDIT: Here is the chart for the "ignore last data point" fitting. Series 1 is the min values, and series 2 is the max values. I fit the min values for those equations.


