Makaijin wrote:The basic concept of the 969 is in alternating a 9 second cooldown ability with a 6 second cooldown ability....
The exact order of each respective CD skill is not too important, as long as a 6 secs CD and a 9 secs CD skills are always used alternatively back to back. By following this rule, you will naturally fall into the 969 rotation as previously used abilities will not be off the cooldown and thus they will naturally mesh together as long as you don't break up the rhythmn.
Hi Matt, I bolded the important answer to your question for emphasis. =) Knaughty's tanking faq (I believe?) linked a great video. The only manner in which I feel order is important is that I prefer to do my initial rotation so that I have a judgement before my ShoR -- that way, I get a libram proc for extra threat.
1) Pick an available 9 second cooldown: (Holy shield, Judgement, Consecration)
2) Pick an available 6 second cooldown: (ShoR, HotR)
3) Repeat.