Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sotp fixed on PTR

Magnusharkov
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Sotp fixed on PTR

I'm not sure if this is general knowledge or not but seals of the pure was initially bugged to only effect the DoT component of SoV. It is now fixed to affect both the DoT and the instant damage on 5 stacks. According to EJ this 5/5 sotp is now a 6.5% dps increase for ret paladins and I would guess it is in a similar ballpark for prot paladins, it might be worth keeping an eye on in 3.2 as a higher priority talent. I know I'm looking at a 5/54/12 vindictation build.
Culhag
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

bye bye Crusade ?
theckhd
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

The math has already been done (by me). I just haven't had time to post it yet. I'll try and get it up in the MATLAB thread later today.
Candiru
Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

Remember that crusade is worth twice as much vs some mob types though, which will make up quite a lot of 3.2?
halabar
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

theckhd wrote:The math has already been done (by me). I just haven't had time to post it yet. I'll try and get it up in the MATLAB thread later today.


Was that an affirmative on it being better? If so, bye-bye PoJ?
serrasin
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

There is no way in Hell that I will give up PoJ. I value that more than an adjustment in threat that I don't need.
Jedah
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

serrasin wrote:There is no way in Hell that I will give up PoJ. I value that more than an adjustment in threat that I don't need.
Gamingdevil
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

serrasin wrote:There is no way in Hell that I will give up PoJ. I value that more than an adjustment in threat that I don't need.


Agreed, you could still go 4/53/14 I guess. If that's better than Crusade, that is.
theckhd
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:09 am

Re: Sotp fixed on PTR

Posted. You may want to read through it and draw your own conclusions. Also note that I only used 3% for crusade (i.e. generic mob), there's additional commentary on that here.