I would say that it depends on the license of the addon itself. I believe most authors simply want their addons to be available. If it is getting a file off wowace then yay for it! Wowace is happy not to have to serve you up the page and rather just give you your download.
If it's pulling archives off sites like curse or wowinterface, then it's using their bandwidth without giving them the compensation they expect (eyeballs). That's morally dubious. If I had an addon I hosted on my own server, I wouldn't give a crap because I'm not trying to get eyeballs, I'm trying to get downloads.
Blocking adds is not illegal, but it may be morally dubious. Deeplinking is not illegal, but it is morally dubious. The program itself is perfectly justifiable. It's the content of the addons database that may call things into question.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.
"The skill-gear curve is steep for small values of skill."
http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
Spectrum
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:50 pm

