Skip to content
Maintankadin

For those bothered by ShoR's lack of a sound effect...

Morpheren
Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:42 am
SmurfZG wrote:I approve of the above user's first post! Thanks :>


No joke. Most epic win of a first post. Ever.
Morpheren
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:11 am
Morpheren wrote:
SmurfZG wrote:I approve of the above user's first post! Thanks :>


No joke. Most epic win of a first post. Ever.


On that same note it doesn't seem that hard to add outputs. I'd like to add Parrot (or MSBT if I had to) outputs for tjh.
blackcat
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:04 am
Thanks, notforbiting.

If you change the event to SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS, the sound will trigger faster, with SPELL_DAMAGE, there's a delay, because of lag.

Still, awesome to finally have a sound effect on ShoR.
Dianora
Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:06 am

Mik's Battle Text trigger

Haven't figure out how to get the mod to play the in-game sound yet, so I just use what it came with:

/msbt -> Triggers -> Add New Trigger ->
Trigger Class -> Paladin

Main Events (delete current Main events first) -> Add Event
Cast Success -> Event Condition Skill Name - is Equal to - Shield of Righteousness

Event Setting -> (clear the output message, unless you like to see Shield of Righteousness) -> Sound (Wham)
stillman
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:32 pm
So, as was asked a few posts ago, the script sound file for warriors shield slam, anyone have it? : >
Looked through the .wav and couldnt find it or shield bash : <
Harlequina
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: Mik's Battle Text trigger

Dianora wrote:Haven't figure out how to get the mod to play the in-game sound yet, so I just use what it came with:

/msbt -> Triggers -> Add New Trigger ->
Trigger Class -> Paladin

Main Events (delete current Main events first) -> Add Event
Cast Success -> Event Condition Skill Name - is Equal to - Shield of Righteousness

Event Setting -> (clear the output message, unless you like to see Shield of Righteousness) -> Sound (Wham)



This was awesome. Thanks alot.
Harlequina
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:48 pm
Btw I haven't used Mik's Scrolling Battle Text before so wasn't sure what to look for, but googling "world of warcraft /msbt" did wonders, hehe.




Awesome addon.



But we must find the shield bash/slam/whatever sound!
notforbiting
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm
blackcat wrote:Thanks, notforbiting.

If you change the event to SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS, the sound will trigger faster, with SPELL_DAMAGE, there's a delay, because of lag.

Still, awesome to finally have a sound effect on ShoR.


yep, you're right.. spell_cast_success is a better choice..

also shieldslam_nfb.wav

i spent a bit of time recording a shield slam on my warrior and cleaning it up a bit in audacity.. stuck it in addons\thatjusthappened\sounds folder and changed my tjh rule

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Notforbiting;;Shield of Righteousness;self;PLAYSOUND;Interface\AddOns\ThatJustHappened\Sounds\shieldslam_nfb.wav

its perfect now, shield slam hoooooooooo ;D
Harlequina
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:34 pm
Cheers!


Edit: But it doesn't friggin work for me and I can't figure out why... But I want it to! So here's some screenies incase you can see if there's something wrong;

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tjh1gp0.jpg (ThatJustHappened.lua)

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tjh2an5.jpg (The message that shows when I enter the TJH rule)

This is what I type in (more like copy paste) in the game:

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Harlequina;;Shield of Righteousness;self;PLAYSOUND;Interface\AddOns\ThatJustHappened\Sounds\shieldslam_nfb.wav

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tjh3pi4.jpg (Where the shield slam sound file is)

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tjh4dp3.jpg (What it looks like when I "load" the rule that I just entered in the TJH interface)
OmegaDN
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:45 pm
Quick question...

Would that sound file play each time the button is pressed regardless if the move was executed or not? I.e. silence or its on the GCD.
Dingot0m
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 pm
"No player named 'PLAYSOUND' is currently playing"
Belzebina
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:57 pm
Allo!

Dingot0m wrote:"No player named 'PLAYSOUND' is currently playing"

Same for me! T_T

Any ideas? :?
notforbiting
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:08 pm
@ harlequina, you have to completely restart wow after placing the wav file in the addons folder; it wont play otherwise. if you've done that, make sure you have thatjusthappened set up correctly, i believe theres a checkbox somewhere you have to check to enable it.

@ omega, no it only plays when you successfully cast shield of righteousness

@ dingo & belzebina, you have to make the edit to thatjusthappened.lua that i posted in my previous post
fuzzygeek
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Mik's Battle Text trigger

Dianora wrote:Haven't figure out how to get the mod to play the in-game sound yet, so I just use what it came with:

/msbt -> Triggers -> Add New Trigger ->
Trigger Class -> Paladin

Main Events (delete current Main events first) -> Add Event
Cast Success -> Event Condition Skill Name - is Equal to - Shield of Righteousness

Event Setting -> (clear the output message, unless you like to see Shield of Righteousness) -> Sound (Wham)


I love this, and I want to do this, but I'm afraid of really liking the sound I put in, and expect Blizz to put in a crap sfx when they get around to fixing it.
Harlequina
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:31 pm
notforbiting wrote:@ harlequina, you have to completely restart wow after placing the wav file in the addons folder; it wont play otherwise. if you've done that, make sure you have thatjusthappened set up correctly, i believe theres a checkbox somewhere you have to check to enable it.


http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tjh5vp4.jpg








The problem is that there simply is no sound playing. I tried with the "CleaveTarget.wav" that you used in the first rule you posted. In other words, a sound in the MPQ files, but it doesn't work either.

I can't see why it wouldn't work for me, if it actually works for you this way. Restarting the game changed nothing.


Edit: Where did you download TJH from? I got it from Curse. (incase I have some old version)