Skip to content
Maintankadin

Any endgame tanks use a 969 macro?

Thel
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:21 am
I've tanked every encounter currently in WotLK and I do it manually. So I would guess its not necessary. But making a macro couldn't hurt.
_________________
OntetheProt
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 am
I initially tried using an all-in-one macro and found it (like already stated) more work that it is worth. It seems that too many times things need to happen on the fly and it just messes up the ability to do shit on the fly.

I use one macro in my rotation, which is just HoTR, and SoTR assigned to the same button. Everything else is done manual.
_________________
Fridmarr
Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 am
I recently went to a macro on my 9 with a sequence, but I only include holy shield and consecrate in it. I still have a separate consecrate button and the macro has a key modifier if I just want to consecrate.

It's a pretty simple macro, it's impossible for it to screw up anything, and it saves me from one more keybind. 5 keys in the standard rotation started annoying me and my hand.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
calthas
Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:37 am
I may try a SHoR / HoR macro soon... this is indeed an easy one Smile
_________________
calthas
Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:59 am
Well, I know it's very common, but in my humble experience, tanks & healers are the worst positions for raid leading. As a healer, you can't really stop looking at the raid health bars (i've been a healer during 2 years), and as a tank, you usually have a very bad overview of what's going on, since a big thing is usually stomping on you while you're standing in the middle of an atomic explosion.

A range DPS is more suitable for this.

But indeed, if you have to lead as well, a macro can save some brain cycles Wink
_________________
fuzzygeek
Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:04 am
I was a holy priest in a cutting edge guild for two years, and also raid lead then. :]

Some people have it, some people don't, I guess.

*end of taunt*


Razz
_________________
calthas
Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:10 am
Okay, that was mean, really. I almost used my divine shield here Wink

I didn't say you CAN'T lead as a healer / tank. It's just how "easy" it is. Ranged DPS > Heal > Melee DPS > Tank for that matter, I think. It's mainly about 1. the visibility you get in the position you have to keep, and 2. the impact of you leading a raid on your efficiency, and the impact of the efficiency loss on the raid.

But this really is rethorical Wink
_________________