Skip to content
Maintankadin

Useful paladin macros!

Lore
Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:38 pm
Indeed. Also, in the case of the RD macro, I find it useful to just leave it as:

/cast [target=targettarget, help] Righteous Defense, Righteous Defense

It functions exactly the same, except that if I'm not targetting a player or a mob that's on someone else, it gives me the "glowy hand" so I can click on the player that needs the taunt.
_________________
I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Dorvan
Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:11 am
Ok, so this is the right thread =P Here are my contributions

Seal macros:

/cast [nomodifier] Seal of Righteousness; [modifier:alt] Seal of Vengeance
/cast [nomodifier] Seal of Wisdom; [modifier:alt] Seal of Light

I pretty much use the standard UI (a good topic for another post, I suppose), and these macros let me condense 4 commonly used seals down into 2 keys. They're pretty self-explanatory, but if you hit the button/hotkey normally you'll activate the first seal, hold down alt when you do it and you'll activate the second.



Figurine of the Colossus:

/use Figurine of the Colossus
/stopcasting
/cast Holy Shield

The activates the FotC and Holy Shield in the correct order. I have this one in addition to my Holy Shield button, as I like to control when I use my trinkets instead of activating them every time they're up.



Cleanse:

/cast [target=mouseover] Cleanse; Cleanse

A simpler version of the heal/cleanse macro earlier that I've been using (not as powerful, I'll have to try the other one out). Obviously recent developments have shown that Cleansing while tanking can be a very bad idea, but when you do it this is a very nice macro. Easy cleansing without changing your target. Bind Cleanse to your mouse and you can do fun things like cleanse fears off your melee before they move 5 feet Smile
Rysque
Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Macros I use...

Healing Macros
Holy Light and Flash of Light
Casts max rank. Left-click to cast normally. Holding down ALT and clicking it will heal yourself. Right-click for healing your target's target which could you be you if you are soloing OR the tank when you are targetting the mob that is aggro'd onto the tank. For Flash of Light, just replace the spell name.
/cast [button:2,target=targettarget,help] Holy Light; [modifier:alt,button:1/2,target=player] Holy Light; Holy Light

Cleanse via Mouseover Targetting
Bind it to a key within easy reach. Just mouseover the target and press the hotkey. Left clicking the button will cast Cleanse as normal. Right clicking will cast it on yourself. If you are below level 42, use Purify instead.
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Cleanse; [button:2,target=player] Cleanse; Cleanse

Here's another version of the Cleanse macro, if you have a focus target (MT, OT, etc.). Mouseover and left clicking is the same. Right clicking will cast it on your focus target. Holding down ALT and clicking it will cast it on yourself.
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Cleanse; [button:2,target=focus] Cleanse; [modifier:alt,button:1/2,target=player] Cleanse; Cleanse


Taunt Macros
Righteous Defense
Casts Righteous Defense on your current target if they are friendly or on your target's target if your current target is not friendly.
#showtooltip Righteous Defense
/cast [help,nodead] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,nodead] Righteous Defense

Blessing of Protection
If you lose aggro on your target, this casts Blessing of Protection on your current target's target. If you are number 2 on the threat list, the mob should come back to you.
#showtooltip Blessing of Protection
/cast [target=targettarget,nodead] Blessing of Protection

Blessing of Salvation
If both Blessing of Protection and Righteous Defense are still on cooldown, you can use Blessing of Salvation as well. The effect won't return immediate results, but at least it'll cause the aggro magnet to generate further less threat.
#showtooltip Blessing of Salvation
/cast [target=targettarget,nodead] Blessing of Salvation


Bubble and Bandage
Version 1 (protection versus physical attacks and spell damage)
#showtooltip Divine Protection
/cast Divine Protection
/stopcasting
/use [target=player] Heavy Netherweave Bandage

Version 2 (protection versus physical attacks only)
#showtooltip Blessing of Protection
/cast [target=player] Blessing of Protection
/stopcasting
/use [target=player] Heavy Netherweave Bandage

Version 3 (Combines version 1 and 2 into one button. Left-click for version 1 or right-click for version 2)
/cast [button:2,target=player] Blessing of Protection; [button:1,target=player] Divine Protection
/stopcasting
/use [target=player] Heavy Netherweave Bandage


Bubble and Hearth
Only at level 50+, the bubble lasts long enough to cast hearth safely. REMEMBER, you have to press it twice!
#showtooltip Hearthstone
/castsequence reset=10 Divine Shield, Hearthstone


Seal and Judgement Macro Set
This set of macros takes up half the space of my previous macro set and is what I use now.

Here's an example below with Seal of the Crusader and Command. Make a macro with each seal that you use and judge. Also have a regular button assigned to Judgement so you can see the cooldown timer on it.

Seal of the Crusader
#showtooltip Seal of the Crusader
/cast [button:2] Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast [button:1] Seal of the Crusader; [button:2] Seal of the Crusader
/stopcasting

Seal of Command
#showtooltip Seal of Command
/cast [button:2] Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast [button:1] Seal of Command; [button:2] Seal of Command
/stopcasting

To use these macros, you left lick to just activate the seal. Right clicking the macro will judge it on your target and renew the Seal. For the example above, you would left click the Seal of the Crusader macro followed by right clicking the Seal of Command macro. Makes sense? Here's another example below:

#showtooltip Seal of Light
/cast [button:2] Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast [button:1] Seal of Light; [button:2] Seal of Light
/stopcasting

If you wanted to cast Seal of Light, judge it to your target and then recast Seal of Light, you would first left click and then right click the same macro button. That's three actions in two button presses. Easy!

kurros
Wed May 02, 2007 8:25 am

Re: Macros I use...

could we make this thread a sticky?
jere
Thu May 17, 2007 2:46 pm
As of late I have gotten into "shift clicking" with a bunch of my macros. Taking the RD and BoP macros listed in this forum, I made a macro that does both based upon the state of the shift key:

Paksennarion
Wed May 23, 2007 12:29 am
Couple of macros I use, sort of.

1. RD modifier. Take your fave RD macro, add another line with /stopcasting on it. If you're a mouser, this is probably a bad idea. If, like me, you're a keyboarder and you don't want to try and taunt your target off, then find out you can't do anything else because you've got a glowing hand, this would be how to do it. Full Macro:

Elizabathory
Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:28 pm
Here's my taunt macro (two lines):

/cast [target=target,help,nomodifier] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help,nomodifier] Righteous Defense
/cast [target=target,help,modifier:shift] Blessing of Protection; [target=targettarget,help,modifier:shift] Blessing of Protection

I have it bound to my middle mouse button. Click it for RD, shift-click it for BoP.

Also since I didn't see this one mentioned here already (two lines):

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*150/355 + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

Helpful for quickly determining uncrushability.
_________________
Level 70 Paladin of Malygos
Soulbreaker
Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:28 am
@Rysque


Mount/Dismount Macros with Crusader Aura
Tested and works properly.
#showtooltip Summon Charger
/cast [nomounted] Crusader Aura
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Charger
/dismount [mounted]
/cast [mounted] Retribution Aura

Does not work, however after playing around with it found that,


#showtooltip Summon Charger
/cast [nomounted] Crusader Aura
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Charger
/cast [mounted] Retribution Aura
/dismount [mounted]

Works beautifully. Thank you for the heads up on adding options to the dismounting part of the macro I was using. Now using yours.
_________________


Westfall makes my ass itch.
casiebu
Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:36 pm

Macro's confusing for me

Ok to make Macro's am I typing in exactly what you have typed? In the Macro Window? I have tried but to no avil...please help.
Could you possibly give me a somewhat step by step...Sry a straight noob to macros Rolling Eyes
_________________
May the Light Shine & Darkness Fall




Soulbreaker
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:10 pm
Sorry should've clarified, I have a bought land mount not my Charger.

Was too lazy to go get the charger but will do it soon I think.
_________________


Westfall makes my ass itch.