Skip to content
Maintankadin

ZOMGBuffs

Imbur
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:25 pm
It took me about 45 minutes to figure it all out :O go to the manager click generate. any icon greyed out is for an offspec or single buff. click on the class icon up top and click auto assign to have the mod set offspecs for you, or right click the buff icon, scroll to that persons name, and select the buff you want to give them. bam done. and if you raid with the same 25 people every night, as i do, it remembers their specs- though you gotta change em if they respec.
_________________
Hairlock
Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:53 am
I got a problem with this addon for over a week now...

If I go into the template editor to move some bears from tank to dps or change anything really... the finnish button won't turn status from gray to active... meaning I cant get back to the first blessing setting window Sad
so I have to reload the UI to broadcast the new settings.... anyone know a solution to this... highly annoying...
Baelor
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:12 am
/necro

I'm considering downloading/installing ZOMGBuffs to replace PallyPower, as I hate the bugginess and clunky look of PallyPower. The "can't set blessings or rebuff in combat" problem with PallyPower is especially aggravating.

For those that use or have used this mod on a paladin character, tell me some of the finer points of using it. Do any of you have screenies handy? What are the pitfalls with the mod? What are the great features it has that PallyPower doesn't? Would you recommend it?
_________________
I am the light that brings the dawn.
http://e4ae.blogspot.com/
Teyrocar
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:32 am
Actually if you right-click on the individual player icons in PallyPower you can rebuff 10-minute blessings in combat.

I never would want to rebuff Greater in combat anyway.
_________________
jere
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 am
you can also buff Greater blessings during combat if you simply hover over the individual nameplate and left click.

The only think I don't like about PP is not being able to change blessings during combat. You can still buff during combat, you just have to use the individual name plates rather than the global class button.


Wyleai
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 am
What's been seriously bothering me about ZOMGbuffs is I can't buff when the buff is already applied...

When a buff has only a short amount of time left, I like to rebuff. Especially if we're prepping for a new major pull - like right before a boss.

With pallypower I can do that, with ZOMGbuffs I have yet to find an option that lets me buff anything other than the thing it is blinking in the single little button it provides.
_________________

Wyleai
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:16 am
That's a multi-step delayed procedure though... Faster to buff manually - which defeats the purpose of an addon.
_________________

Wyleai
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:48 pm
Nod.

I've used pally power for a while now myself. I've still got it. Some people here have been insisting ZOMGbuffs was better, so I've been trying it, but finding it very frustrating.

Since you have to mouse over and then move your mouse to the right person and then click or scroll... it ends up being much slower than Pallypower.

Plus, in ZOMG, despite what the poster above said, when I mouse over and then move my mouse to the chosen name, I -CANNOT- cast a buff that is already active on that person. I'm trying that right now on my shaman, and I cannot put lighting shield onto her again after putting it on her the first time...

I don't like to wait until a buff wears off before applying a renewal unless we're notably out of danger.
_________________

Sarkan-ZdC
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:45 am
Pre-Boss, Hover over the Button, there is a Pop-Up.

In the Pop-Up you can see all Buffs (Mark of the Wild and so on) and for youre buffs the timers. If a buff is at less then 10 Min (usual Enrage timer), just klick the name and.. bäm it buffs.

Now please tell me, how and where PallyPower is faster then that. And for normal re-buffing (dead and so on) I just scroll with my mouse wheel. I'm really used to this, pre-pull (thrash), I just mouse-wheel and I rebuff everything (including hunter pets, that makes hunters happy..).

If you like PP just use it. But if you read and work with ZOMG for about 1h to LEARN how it works, you will not go back to PP.