Skip to content
Maintankadin

TankadinTps - a threat analyzer

dmok
Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:53 am
I dont think omen has been updates in at least a week, if not two.
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 1/6 SSC | 1/4 MH
Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:00 am
Omen updated: 49 minutes ago

I'm not kidding, it is updated more then once a day..
dmok
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:19 am
when I downloaded it yesterday, it hadn't been updated in 2 weeks
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 1/6 SSC | 1/4 MH
Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:26 am
Yes, Threat 2.0 has not been updated the last 7 days. But at the beginning of a patch it is updated many times.

I would just stick with omen. Some very very smart people are updating this for month now. Why re-inventing the wheel? Omen works very well.

I just want a summary at the end on how much TPS I did. That is all. I don't want another combat log parser for something that I already have..
Afraithe
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 am
How is this relevant to this thread?

This is a Threat Analyzer, that sounds rather nice to me, it's good to be able to see where my threat mainly comes from in various encounters, party setups and buffs.
_________________
Afraithe
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:25 am
Question, do you store the "results" in calculated values or seperate?

If you store them seperate, I can think of a few cool features, such as checking your threat if you had removed your +SD weapon buff, or Windfury Totem etc etc

Given enough samples in the stats, you could REMOVE +sd buff and add WF buff to a data section and compare threat.

Now THAT would be cool.
_________________
Zappi
Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 am
If "calculated" means (damage done * threat modifier), then I save them as calulated values.

You can retrieve the original damage value easily, as long as you don't change threat relevant buffs (salvation, rf) in fight.

I have plans to add a function to play around with spelldamage, hit, expertise and see what thread you would have generated - but it will take some time.

@Sarkan-ZdC: ThreatLib takes encounter relevant things like threat resets into account. You can't take this threat value and divide it by time.
Afraithe
Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:35 am
Perhaps something like the TankPoints addon that has that calculator where u can input values and see the results on your avoidance, something similar but for threat would be really nice.
_________________
Yadard
Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:39 am
Tried this last night in MH. I was honestly amazed by how much of my threat is apparently generated by PoM. Values seem reasonably consistent with Stapler, but I've not uploaded the WWS for analysis yet. I like it so far
_________________


Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Sarkan-ZdC
Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:55 am
Ok, but what is my real advantage?

Omen, I see (depending on the update / sek) a wild number for TPS and a more important total threat (and most important it shows the whole raid with the limits (+10% for Melee, +30% for Ranged).)

If you have a combat with specific aggro reduce mechanism it will take them into account. For instance kicks with -30% Total Aggro (which will give you negativ tps for some secs *g*)

This little 1,87kb Addon I found on curse-gaming.com gives the average TPS for the total combat time (Total threat calculated by omen / total combat time). For Al'ar if I have to wait for Adds P1 or Lurker if you kill the adds to fast and so on it will show combat/offcombat time together for a lower number.

-> But for comparison week to week it will do. I anyhow do not have time during raid to really check the number. I'm tanking & I'm leading a raid. If I see in MH after wave xy the number 1.100 TPS and 2 DD died, I know I have to step up next wave to get more threat out.

Of course I would like to have

For total threat without machanisms that reduce I can use WWS + Webpage to analyse after the raid is over.