Skip to content
Maintankadin

ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

moduspwnens
Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Tobolaeh wrote:I'm trying to get this to recognize and warn me to recast my Sacred Shield when it falls off.I tried

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;Tobolaeh;;Sacred Shield;;PLAYSOUND;\mysound

However, because the proc of sacred shield is also named sacred shield, I'm hearing the effect non stop. Anyone have any idea how to identify between the proc and the buff? The best Idea i've come up with so far is to go

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Tobolaeh;;Sacred Shield;;PLAYSOUND;\mysound;59

Which gives me the alert just as the spell fades. I noticed that the spell cast will only register the actual spell. Any ideas on another way to do this?


I've run into this problem too, but have no solution.
jere
Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:06 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Does it only let you specify the spell by name? If it let you specify by spell ID, then maybe the buff versus the proc might have different ID's? Just tossing stuff out.
moduspwnens
Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:44 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

jere wrote:Does it only let you specify the spell by name? If it let you specify by spell ID, then maybe the buff versus the proc might have different ID's? Just tossing stuff out.


Even if you could, then you'd be running into issues with other Paladins' Sacred Shield. It's a tough one to track.
Bastien
Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

OK, maybe I'm a nub...

This isn't working for me _at all_.

Are there any addons that might block this functionality?
jere
Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

moduspwnens wrote:
jere wrote:Does it only let you specify the spell by name? If it let you specify by spell ID, then maybe the buff versus the proc might have different ID's? Just tossing stuff out.


Even if you could, then you'd be running into issues with other Paladins' Sacred Shield. It's a tough one to track.


But wouldn't those other spells have a different source ID?
Modal
Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Does anyone know how to get this to output a message only when a stacking spell aura has reaching a certain stack? Is that possible?
jere
Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

So I did some digging and here is what I came up with: Two quick SS excerpts:

SS proc falls off followed by buff falls off:
Code: Select all
7/4 18:01:47.322  SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x02800000002C3F3C,"Jere",0x511,0x02800000002C3F3C,"Jere",0x511,58597,"Sacred Shield",0x2,BUFF
7/4 18:01:48.532  SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x02800000002C3F3C,"Jere",0x511,0x02800000002C3F3C,"Jere",0x511,53601,"Sacred Shield",0x2,BUFF

Notice the 2nd one is the SS buff itself falling off (spell ID 53601: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53601 ). The first one is the proc falling off (spell ID: 58597: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=58597 ). So they do indeed report different spell ID's

SS proc1 falls off followed by SS proc 2 falls off:
Code: Select all
5/7 14:17:38.480 SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x03800000008AC678,"Alighieri",0x512,0x038000000250A13A,"Ungulant" ,0x511,58597,"Sacred Shield",0x2,BUFF
5/7 14:17:40.261 SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x038000000250A13A,"Ungulant",0x511,0x038000000250A13A,"Ungulant", 0x511,58597,"Sacred Shield",0x2,BUFF

I think the thing I grabbed from this is that they report different sources for the same type of proc.

Does TJH parse the whole combat log line entry, or just bits of it? It might not be able to distinguish those items in it's current state? It seems like there should be enough info to make the distinction though.


EDIT:
I was able to modify the That Just Happened lua file to let it accept spell ID's as inputs. It works well for distinguishing between procs and buffs.

If you are interested, then I basically just changed every instance of:
Code: Select all
and (string_find(arg10, TJH_spellName) ~= nil) then


into:
Code: Select all
and ((string_find(arg10, TJH_spellName) ~= nil) or (string_find(arg9, TJH_spellName) ~= nil)) then


arg9 is the spell ID argument in a combat log event.

Once I did that, all I had to do was enter the spell ID into the spell name box and it worked like a charm
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:16 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Likewise, I found how to exclude pets from my alerts. This became very important during this week's Mimiron25 Hard attempts after seeing how spammy it gets seeing Army of the Dead Ghouls and pets running over mines and getting hit by Shock Blasts. I don't know Lua, but it seemed fairly simple and appears to be working.

Look in the .lua file for this:

local COMBATLOG_FILTER_RAID = bit_bor(
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_AFFILIATION_MINE,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_AFFILIATION_PARTY,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_AFFILIATION_RAID,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_REACTION_FRIENDLY,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_CONTROL_PLAYER,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_TYPE_PLAYER,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_TYPE_PET,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_TYPE_GUARDIAN,
    COMBATLOG_OBJECT_TYPE_OBJECT

    );


Delete the bolded part. Now any time you specialize "raid" as the affiliation, pets won't be included. You can delete the same lines from the other affiliations the same way. Just be sure that there isn't a comma on the last line before the closing parentheses to keep your syntax correct.
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Also, I can confirm that jere's fix does, indeed, work. I have tested it with the following rule for Sacred Shield:

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;YourName;;53601;SELF;SELF;Sacred Shield fell off.

Not only does it only do the "long-term" buff instead of the proc, but it also will differentiate between yours and someone else's! Pretty pro. I posted about jere's and my fixes on the addon page, so hopefully we can get that change incorporated into the official release. I'm hesitant to post a rule like this on the front page of this thread, though, if it requires fixing code.
jere
Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:10 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

That took forever to figure out (even though it was an easy swap).

There were some comparisons at the bottom of that function that I didn't touch but looked funny. At one point at the bottom, the code is searching arg2 for the spell name, but arg2 is the event message ID, so I wasn't sure why that check was there. I just left that one alone.
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

That should make it easier to make new Meltdown rules for Iron Council. Ever since the author added delays, I had been wanting to do it, but been put off somewhat since it'd require different rules for both 10 and 25 man. Since they're two different spells:

25:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=61888

10:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64637

That means I shouldn't have to worry about one's rules spamming the other with incorrect countdowns.
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Iron Council (Steelbreaker Last): Overwhelming Power rules for countdown.

This should effectively count down how much time is left on your tanks' Overwhelming Power debuffs to your raid.

25 Man:
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 30 seconds.
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 20 seconds.;10
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 15 seconds.;15
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 10 seconds.;20
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 9 seconds.;21
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 8 seconds.;22
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 7 seconds.;23
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 6 seconds.;24
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 5 seconds.;25
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 4 seconds.;26
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 3 seconds.;27
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 2 seconds.;28
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 1 seconds.;29
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;61888;raid;RAID;*target dead.;30

10 Man:
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 60 seconds.
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 50 seconds.;10
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 40 seconds.;20
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 30 seconds.;30
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 20 seconds.;40
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 15 seconds.;45
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 10 seconds.;50
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 9 seconds.;51
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 8 seconds.;52
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 7 seconds.;53
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 6 seconds.;54
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 5 seconds.;55
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 4 seconds.;56
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 3 seconds.;57
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 2 seconds.;58
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target melting down in 1 seconds.;59
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;64637;raid;RAID;*target dead.;60

Haven't tested these yet, and Iron Council is already dead for us this week, so it'll have to be next week. If it works as I'm hoping it does, though, it should make it clearer for everyone as to how much time is left and when tank transitions will be taking place.
Rehlachs
Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

I would be happy if that's a solution for my problems with delayed messages .. exactly for this case and abilities like Divine Protection..

edit, works perfectly

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;498;raid;RAID;*target got Divine Protection for 12 seconds.
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;498;raid;RAID;*target got Divine Protection for 5 seconds.;7
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;498;raid;RAID;*target got Divine Protection for 2 seconds.;10
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;498;raid;RAID;*target Divine Protection expired.

Depending on your raid and its ability to deal with the spam you might want to reduce the lines of your countdowns, but at least a single warning for an expiring Shield Wall-like ability or an expiring Melt Down is a nice information for your healers (and yourself).
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

The author updated the addon a few hours ago with jere and I's changes, so be sure you get the new version (3.0.5) and you won't have to change your code!
moduspwnens
Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:28 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Hmm. Jere, it appears that ever since that code modification, using *target and *source as whisper channels no longer works. I even downloaded the latest version (which likely just contains the same code modifications) and it's still not working. Can you still get yours to work?

Looking over the code (although again, I don't know Lua) it looks more likely that my change messed it up than your change. Then again it could just be something I have wrong in my rules or something.