Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Macro Sticky

Dianora
Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 am

Talent Switching Macro with Outfitter

Assuming you're using Outfitter with gear set Retribution and Protection. Primary Talent is Protection, Secondary Talent is Retribution.

Retribution wrote:/usetalents 2
/in 6 /outfitter wear Retribution
/cancelaura Righteous Fury


Protection wrote:/usetalents 1
/in 6 /outfitter wear Protection


Had to add that last line in Retribution because I keep on forgetting to cancel retribution aura when switching over to Retribution and pull aggro.
Koatanga
Thu May 07, 2009 3:45 am

Re: New Macro Sticky

Unless I am mistaken, the reset timer is refreshed every time you use the macro.

If that is true, consider using a value less than 9 for the 9-second macro, in case you want to drop Consecrate from the rotation for whatever reason (mana, or you drop it early at the start of the fight).

I think using a reset of 5 seconds would allow the macro to switch back to HS in time if you skip the Consecrate, if you are hitting your GCD closely. Otherwise you could drop your HS for a few seconds before your macro lets you hit it again (although I would recommend using macros in addition to fixed keybinds, not instead of them).
Broken
Fri May 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Trying to make a single prot oh crap button.
Something like:

/cast [nomod] Divine Protection
/cast [mod:shift] Divine Sacrifice
/cast [mod:alt] [target=player] Lay On Hands

I suppose you can see the functionality I'm looking for by my effort, just want to be sure the LoH is cast on me.

Thanks.
iwillpunishu
Tue May 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Im not finding this, so my apologies if its in the wrong place.... Is the Paladin "stance dance" still viable? think it was
/cast divine protection
/cast cancelaura divine protection

or something like that
blakk
Tue May 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

i think you mean divine shield not protection :?:
iwillpunishu
Tue May 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

The paladin "stance dance" macro. I'm not sure what it is, thats my question
blakk
Tue May 12, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

i think it's

/cast divine shield
/cancelaura divine shield

but i'm not sure if anyone could make sure that this is the one i'd be happy
fuzzygeek
Tue May 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

It's the other way around; as written it'll pop the bubble as soon as you apply it.

/cancelaura divine shield
/cast divine shield

First press:
- Cancel aura: doesn't exist -- does nothing.
- Cast spell: bubble applied.

Second press:
- Cancel aura: bubble popped!
- Cast spell: on CD -- does nothing.
blakk
Tue May 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

thank you for correcting me
:D
Griffonheart
Wed May 13, 2009 1:29 am

Re: New Macro Sticky

jere wrote:
Code: Select all
/cast [help] Hand of Protection
/stopmacro [help]
/targettarget
/targetplayer
/targetlasttarget
/stopmacro [harm]
/cast [help] Hand of Protection
/targetlastenemy


This meets requirements 2 and 3, but not 1 completely. You can still cast it on yourself if you are targetting yourself with this macro, but it will not cast it on you if you are targetting another person or an enemy.


I have Qs regarding the two macros Chloe posted earlier:

-------------------

Hand Spells

Hand of Protection Style Taunt:

CODE: SELECT ALL
/stopmacro [help]
/targettarget
/targetplayer
/targetlasttarget
/stopmacro [harm]
/cast [help] Hand of Protection
/targetlastenemy


Hand of Salvation Taunt (Last Resort):

CODE: SELECT ALL
/stopmacro [help]
/targettarget
/targetplayer
/targetlasttarget
/stopmacro [harm]
/cast [help] Hand of Salvation
/targetlastenemy


Note: These macros make it so you cannot cast it on yourself by accident

---------------------

My questions are: 1) How are the two HoP macros differ? 2) If I use the HoSal macro on a mob, would it have the same effect as when I target a friendly unit?

The HoSal macro I use currently are -

#showtooltip RD
/cast [help] HoP; [target=targettarget,help] HoP
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

But sometimes I still accidentally cast it on myself XD
Zumor
Tue May 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Talent Switching Macro with Outfitter

Dianora wrote:Assuming you're using Outfitter with gear set Retribution and Protection. Primary Talent is Protection, Secondary Talent is Retribution.

Retribution wrote:/usetalents 2
/in 6 /outfitter wear Retribution
/cancelaura Righteous Fury


Protection wrote:/usetalents 1
/in 6 /outfitter wear Protection


Had to add that last line in Retribution because I keep on forgetting to cancel retribution aura when switching over to Retribution and pull aggro.


Outfitter has a script you can activate to switch gear when switching talentspecc
rightclick Retri-Gear-Setup > Scripts > General > Primary/Secondary Talents
it will switch gear after you switch talents


Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [button:1,target=player] Hand of Freedom
/cast [button:2] Hand of Freedom


I know that you can do the same with Autoselfcast option
but on spells like Hand of Freedom or Sacred Shield I like to use that macro to make sure I cast it on myself when hitting the key (macro on keybound button) regardless of my target and rightclick makes it on my target

Code: Select all
#showtooltip [target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Cleanse
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Cleanse
/cast [target=player] Cleanse

without friendly mouseover target, notarget or enemy Target it cleanses me
friendly mouseover target = cleanse it
I use it to mouseover unitframes and cleanse raidmembers or else me
the #showtooltip part is a little indicator for me, it shows a Red ? when it cleanses me and the Cleanse Logo if I have a friendly mousover target
(I cant figure out how to let it show another Logo instead of the Red ?, the #showtooltip doesnt allow dynamic Logochanges like that somehow)
I have the Cleansebutton near the unitframes of my raid, I can see when the button changes when hovering over them, sometimes usefull for rangecheck/targetcheck that you cleanse the right target (addon turns complete button red if out of range, I can see it like that)
Mosterd
Thu May 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Edit: Nevermind both macro's didn't work the way i would have liked :P
Jhendlyn
Fri May 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Hi all. I need some help with my taunt macro. I am trying to macro both single target and multi-target taunts together, but no matter what I do, I always get 3 mobs. This is devastating when I need to taunt a single add off a boss tank and get the boss as well...

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Hand of Reckoning
/cast Righteous Defense

I'm very basic at writing these so I'm sure this is something simple that I'm overlooking. Thanks in advance.
dmok
Fri May 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Jhendlyn wrote:Hi all. I need some help with my taunt macro. I am trying to macro both single target and multi-target taunts together, but no matter what I do, I always get 3 mobs. This is devastating when I need to taunt a single add off a boss tank and get the boss as well...

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Hand of Reckoning
/cast Righteous Defense

I'm very basic at writing these so I'm sure this is something simple that I'm overlooking. Thanks in advance.

It should be:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl] Hand of Reckoning
/cast [nomod:ctrl] Righteous Defense

Since neither taunt is on the GCD, your version of the macro would infact cast BOTH taunts when ctrl was pressed.
Jhendlyn
Fri May 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

/slaps forehead

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the speedy reply!