Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tankadin2 - BETA

Jerey-Darkspear
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:01 am
Tankadin keeps spitting numbers into my chat window from the Table. It shows the non-rounded calculation on the first line and then it shows the rounded calculation on the second line. I'm not sure what event causes it to fire, but it happens pretty frequently and is always the first entry in my combat table - Block.

I know this wasn't the most precise bug report...I'll go get the info in a sec.

Also, a suggestion - threat plug in was very nice so I could see my TPS. Is it a planned implementation or if not, how can we get it on the list?


EDIT: Further information - it happens only when I gain an item buff.

The following is what displays to chat. I'm going into the LUA to see if this was debug code that was never commented out.
Gamingdevil
Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:11 am
I don't know if this has been asked before or not. But dodge and parry are correctly adjusted for diminishing returns in the character sheet. However the only way to get a look at miss chance is by mouseover, which is before diminishing returns.
Do you plan on implementing a correct formula for this? Since the attack table shows 5%+mouseover value, which shouldn't be correct.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Andox
Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:06 am
When my AS miss/resist I get a errorframe, I don't remember exactly what is in there, but next time it happend I will screen it.
Vaughan
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm
RF Plug in; any chance the seal fade warning could have an option for text warning instead of screen flash? Otherwise, loving the new look of things. Thanks for everything, Chloe. Smile
_________________

ehly
Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:33 am
Def like the newer version. The new options for the table are very nice.

Rothes
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 am
One bug...

If you have the RF button set to not show it still shows up whenever your UI reloads. You have to go into the option, recheck and uncheck, to get it to go away.
_________________
Rothes - 70 Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
_Chloe
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:29 am
So I have a day off work to get somethings ironed out with Tankadin.

@Culhag - Minimized mode will be coming back shortly. You can always hard code the font, but I'm thinking about an Ace3 plug-in to take over the cosmetics of Tankadin2. Dunno just yet though.

@sapientialb - Annoy mode will be back in the next revision.

@Rothes - No. Gave up on Curse/WoWAce. WoWInterface will be the central host for Tankadin2 besides the website.

@Korendil - RF Button issue fixed with the next revision

@Andryana - Are you using a custom font or something like Fontabulous? (Provide a SS if you can in a PM.)

@Jerey-Darkspear - Yes that's debug code. Don't know where exactly you got a copy like that but okay. That was when I was running tests with different events to see which was better for my use, UNIT_AURA or COMBAT_RATING_UPDATE.

@Gamingdevil - You always have a base 5% chance to be missed. This hasn't changed as far as we know.

@Vaughan - I might be able to squeeze that in. If not this next revision, the one after.

@ehly - The whole seal thing is due to the combat log. Even if I were to back parse 5 events or so, I might still miss it in a raid or even a 5 man due to all the "instants" there are.




If I get bored I'll put more stuff in but at this time I'm trying to keep this from looking like Prat (fine example of bloat). Basically, to get a feature into Tankadin, I look them in these 4 ways:


  1. Is is cool or interesting?
  2. Is it useful?
  3. Is it inside the scope of the mod?
  4. Can I actually code it?


If it passes those I tend to play around with it until I get it the way I like it and put it in. Keep those bug reports coming!

I should have a new revision up on WoWInterface by 22:00GMT
Yes in GMT because too many people use Tankadin and not everyone is in the same time zone Sad
_________________


MainTankadin UI/Addon Forums Moderator
Gamingdevil
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:41 am
You make a valid point, was just raising the issue, you never know if you've been looking into it or not.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
_Chloe
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 am
Zips are pushed to WoWInterface. Mirror coming up in a few.

Change Log For Tankadin2:
---------------------------------------
r104
---------------------------------------
toc file update
Changed event watched from UNIT_AURA to COMBAT_RATING_UPDATE
Fixed resil calculation into critability
Minimized mode is back!

Localization Additions:
TANKADIN_OPTIONS_MINIMODE


Change Log For AD Plug-in:
---------------------------------------
r104
---------------------------------------
toc file update
Modified the frame to fit all data within its bounds


Change Log For RF Plug-in:
---------------------------------------
r104
---------------------------------------
toc file update
Added Annoy mode again - Flashes until RF is applied
Added check to see if you are on a Taxi
Modified button display to correct an issue with hiding the button

Localization Additions:
TANKADIN_RFOPTIONS_ANNOY
TANKADIN_RF_ANNOYMESSAGE
_________________


MainTankadin UI/Addon Forums Moderator
Andox
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:39 am
I've noticed that the "Total DR" goes up when I buff myself with Sanc, but it doesn't go up when I buff myself with RF.