Skip to content
Maintankadin

OPie

Syrcla
Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:15 am

OPie

This was mentioned in the UI thread.

I have considered using it but read some negative things (ie its buggy). Lev mentioned crashes with it as well.

Does anyone else use it and have any input (good or bad). I'm very intrigued by it and think it could of great use.
Epimer
Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:55 am
I've been using it for a couple of weeks(ish) now, and haven't found it to be buggy at all.

That said, I don't make very extensive use of it - it's bound to middle-mouse for quick changing of auras until I can think of more useful things to use it for - so maybe the unstability manifests itself when it's in heavier use.
Syrcla
Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 am
Yeah, the main thing I was thinking of using it for was stance bars. Auras, shapeshifting, and stances as I play all 9 classes alot. It seems like that would streamline that process alot.
PopOmatic
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:24 am
Been using it for a couple of weeks with no problems. I like it.
jere
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:51 am
whenever I have it installed, it severely drops my frame rates and my session randomly locks up for half a second every so often. If I disable the addon, this all goes away.
_________________
Levantine
Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:10 am
OPie killed my computer. True story. I installed it, and the first time I used it BAM crash. I uninstalled it, and everything is good again. Sad
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
dmok
Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 am
Essentially, it's an easy way to keybind multiple abilities to the same button. You press and hold the keybound button, place your mouse in the relevant quadrant of the screen to "Select" the relavent ability, and then release the keybind to use ability.

It works for anything you can put on your action bars. It comes standard with 1 for professions, and 1 for raid icons. I personally have added in one for auras and 1 for food/water/etc. On my hunter I have also added one for all my pet abilities to get them off my bars. I do not recommend placing commonly used abilities in combat (especially things you need in emergencies) in OPie, but rather things you use on a regular basis OOC.
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 1/6 SSC | 1/4 MH
moduspwnens
Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 am
I may have to try this. I could probably save some good keybindings and screen space by not having all my regular and greater blessings on my bars and keys.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Teyrocar
Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 am
That thing looks awesome, I'll have to try it out.
_________________
Dane
Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 am
I've been using it extensivelly since it was posted in another thread. I play with an N52(?) Nostromo, and I have it bound to the 12th key on there, with shifts for each of the three colors (sorry if this all sounds arcane to the unwashed...get a Nostromo, seriously.)

Other than issues that I've had with other mods (I STILL have to reposition Chinchilla everytime I log in, and I have to rebind Opie. I fail at setting up mods), I absolutely love it. I have one ring set up for trinkets and mounts, one for Auras, one for raid marking, and one that I'm just saving for whatever may warrant it.

I definately wouldn't recommend it for seals and such though.
_________________
Spectrum
Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:59 am
Huh, it looks like a good way to bind a bunch of non-time-essential buttons to one click/button. It's a neat UI idea. I like it, but there's a time penalty for using it that means it just can't replace basic key bindings.

I'll give it a shot maybe.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

"The skill-gear curve is steep for small values of skill."

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
moduspwnens
Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am
Does it work the same way in combat?
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor