Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blessing/Aura Management Addons

Teyrocar
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:36 am

Blessing/Aura Management Addons

Hey guys,

I've been working on my UI (an adaptation of Lave's UI), and currently I have all my blessings and auras on their own action bar. However, I'd really like to use something more streamlined. As a tankadin, I have more blessings than the average pally, and with each of those comes with a Greater version. I don't have room for any more macros so I'd like to try and find some kind of mod that will help me manage my blessings and auras in a more efficient manner.

However, I can't seem to find any good ones. Most are all the same (like HolyHope, a circle with a ring of circles around it for the blessings), but they tend to be too rigid and uncustomizable. I really liked HolyHope but I had to shrink it down so much to fit in my UI the blessing icons were too small by the end.

Anyone know of any mods like this that I could try out?
_________________
Zalaria
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 am
For blessings, you want to get either Pallypower or ZOMGBuffs. They are very similar, it just depends what you want out of the mod. If you are raiding it's likely your guild's paladins will pick one or the other, because the mods talk to other players with them.

Auras, you might be best off just using the stance bar where they automatically show up. If you feel you need a mod, the first one I can think of is OPie (http://www.go-hero.net/opie/) which creates rings that show up when you hold down hotkeys. There's likely many more, just search for "paladin aura" on the major UI sites or an ace updater.
_________________
Teyrocar
Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:44 am
Not referring to Pally Power, I have that for raid management. I'm just talking about a replacement for an action bar for manually clicking buffs when necessary.

And the auras "where they usually show up" doesn't work, as I said I'm not using the Blizzard UI anymore. Wink

I'll try out OPie and see how that works out.
_________________
dmok
Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:00 am
For manual blessings, try Haley's Holy Hope. It's got a few handy circles in it for things other than blessings, but I mainly just use it for blessings.
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 1/6 SSC | 1/4 MH
Teyrocar
Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:02 am
Bartender is what I have now. I use an extra action bar for blessings set to Fade Out (mouseover) and the Stance Bar for auras (also on Fade Out).

It's worked OK and with the Fade Out option I can save some visual space, but I don't particularly like using a mouseover feature, and there's limited places I can but the blessings because I have so many of them. I've shrunk the scale on the blessings bar a lot but I like it big enough so that I won't click the wrong one. Wink

I'm basically trying out as many blessing-management mods as possible, and seeing if any of them have a better way of fitting into my UI. I like how HolyHope condenses the blessing into one button for each, for example, and then if you click on the center button it changes them to Greater Blessings. Downside is it's a giant circle and there aren't many places I can fit it, and when you shrink it the Blessing buttons get too small.

I'll be buying a larger screen soon so we'll see if that helps.
_________________
Zalaria
Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:23 am
Sounds like you're doing the exact same thing I am with the bartender bars. If you find a good solution, let me know! I've given up, but maybe you'll have better luck!
_________________
Teyrocar
Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 pm
Will do, and I'll post a pic of my UI before/after as well.

I need to get an up-to-date pic... I keep changing the darn thing.
_________________
Airanna
Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:22 pm
Seems you want something to make doing Greater/Lesser Blessings without having seperate buttons for all. If you are already using a mouseover fading action bar for blessings, I'd reccomend the same system I use on my mage for Portal/Teleport spells.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Greater Blessing of X; Blessing of X

Hold shift and your Blessing buttons all become Greater Blessing buttons, just make one such macro for each Blessing. I personally use Pallypower for all my blessing needs, but to each their own.
_________________
It's AIRSOME!
Teyrocar
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 pm
I'd do that except I'm out of macro slots. Wink

I ended up going with OPie, for all who are interested. I saw it and thought it was the coolest thing in the world so I bound an Aura ring, Blessings ring, and Greater Blessings ring to several mouse buttons. I love it because it's easy to use and saves a lot of space.

So far I haven't had any lag issues, memory issues, or random crashes.
_________________
Airanna
Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 pm
/blink /blink
Out of macro slots? I'm curious how one pulls that off...
_________________
It's AIRSOME!
Teyrocar
Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:06 pm
Well I have some alts who use up some of the General slots, certain generic macros for various instance encounters, food/healthstone macros, mount macros, and then tons of Pally macros for downranking various spells, along with a macro for every seal (they're seal + judgement combos).
_________________
Sarkan-ZdC
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:52 am
I use ZOMG + Holy Hope (latest version).

For youre Macro Problem: look at: IHML (I have macro LOL), you make 1 makro and it switches all boss macros in (Vashj, and so on) + all of those day to day quests dynamically.

Saves a TON of macros and you can't forgett to switch it in because it auto-switches.
Melathys
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:32 am
yea, sounds like HolyHope is what you're looking for.
_________________
Tradyk
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:41 am
For bars with blessings/auras, not the auto-casting stuff, I use autobar. It has all of my blessings in a drop down-hover list, with the most recently cast one on the top, and the same with my auras, also has a drop down list for both of my trinket slots, that lists all the trinkets I have in my bag at the moment. It can also work with most other classes class-specific stuff, and similar bars for professions. Also, by default, the main auto bar has: Hearthstone, mounts, bandages, health pots, mana pots, food, food buffs, drinks, hybrids, elixirs, quest items. All of which with their independant, automatically updated dropdown list.

After ZOMGBuffs and Omen, its the most useful addon I have.