Skip to content
Maintankadin

Addon that tells me when someone taunts my target

Teyrocar
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:57 am

Addon that tells me when someone taunts my target

This is a problem I've had for a while, especially when dealing with PUGs or new tanks in the guild. I swear some of them keep taunting off me, but in 25-mans where the spell effects are through the roof it's hard to spot the taunt animation (especially when I'm trying to focus on doing my job).

Is there a mod out there that could tell me when someone has taunted my target? I don't know if a taunt makes a combat entry or not, but even so I believe taunts leave a debuff on the target for a few seconds, and maybe the mod could pick up on that instead.

Thanks.
_________________
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:20 am
ThatJustHappened

It's a mod that lets you announce anything that happens in the combat log, given that you understand how it works. I use it for Mortal Strike, stuns, totem drops, debuffs, etc., but it would most definitely work for this, as well.

After you download the mod, turn it on ("/tjh on", only have to to turn it on once), then use this slash command:

Guillex
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:26 am
DAMNIT MODUS!


I have to get this now. Like ... well, not now, but when I get home.

Damn.

Mind tossing me a PM with the rules you use, or somewhere you can get them?
_________________
Official thread killer

moduspwnens
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 am
I might just make a "collection" on here to link people to, because I think this is a far underused addon considering its potential. If I get a chance on my lunch break, I'll see if I can find PM my rules to you.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Sarkan-ZdC
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:13 am
Good Lord.. I use Aura To Chat for Raid Buffs (A uses MD on B or C uses Fear Ward on D), but this Mod blows everything out of the water..

I just need to set it up the right way (it DOES look complicated *g*), but I'm sure I found a new toy.

Cause we have another paladin that is an expert of taunting my mobs of me if he feels he needs more mana or whatever
Teyrocar
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:27 am
Kickass Modus, I'll be sure to try it out. Smile

I don't think I'll have to worry about raid spam, I just need it to tell me locally. There are many times where people are supposed to be taunting, so I don't want to make my raid leaders angry. xD

Would "Growl" work for Hunter pets too?
_________________
Brokenone
Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:32 pm
This is awesome. I will DL this as soon as I get the chance. I would appreciate it if I could get your other rules as well. Thanks.
_________________
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 pm
Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and make a thread about them tomorrow so we can all share rules from different instances, PvP, etc., as there seems to be a good bit of interest in the subject.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Wyleai
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 pm
Will this give me all the proof I need to pimp-slap every hunter I've ever grouped with in this game? Cool

Going to get this one.

Gonna use the option to broadcast to the raid warning channel. I'd love to spam that screen alert with "HUNTARD!!!" Wink
_________________

Wyleai
Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:30 pm
Tested:
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Taunt;target;SELF;*source taunted my target.
On a warrior alt.

It tells me when I am the one who uses a taunt.

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Taunt;target;YELL;*source taunted my target.

and
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Taunt;target;RW;*source taunted my target.

Can have pretty embarrassing results, as they will spam out everytime the tank herself is the one using a taunt.
_________________