Skip to content
Maintankadin

Uncrushable macro inaccurate?

Thatboss
Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:46 pm

Uncrushable macro inaccurate?

I copied and pasted the macro in the stickied thread.

This one---

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.format("Need 102.4 avoidance. Currently: %s",floor((GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)+UnitDefense("Player")-5*UnitLevel("Player"))*0.04)*100)/100))

Now to my knowledge your dodge+parry+block % have to total 102.4%... I've been trying to reach this mark for a while now, and to make things easier I decided to use the macro just now. With my HS up, it is telling me that I am at 106% However, the math doesn't coincide with what I see on my character sheet... Dodge = 20.52 Parry=16.88 Block = 56.72 with HS up

Those numbers are accurate, now am I missing something that is actually making me uncrushable, or is the macro inaccurate?
_________________
Guillex
Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:52 pm
I think you're missing a +20 in there somewhere for Anticipation.
_________________
Official thread killer

Guillex
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:04 pm
Like ... In my farming gear:

05.00% base miss
05.68% miss from defense tooltip
20.25% dodge
15.68% parry
23.87% block
30.00% HS
05.33% Libram
---------
105.81%
_________________
Official thread killer

KysenMurrin
Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:30 am
Heh. I was in the same situation yesterday, when I noticed Warcrafter was giving me more avoidance than I could sum up. Tested it in game with the macro--same result. Couldn't for the life of me work it out.
Nice to know what that was all about now, heh.
_________________
Guillex
Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 am
Anytime guys. I know we talk a lot about the pure avoidance and mitigation stats, so the base miss and defense miss get pushed to the back burner.
_________________
Official thread killer