Skip to content
Maintankadin

trouble with eepanel textures

dmok
Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:55 am

trouble with eepanel textures

I am currently having some issues setting things up with eePanels. Mainly, in getting a panel to display with my own custom texture.

I took a UI pack and modified some of it to fit my needs, and was happy with it for a while. But now I want to make some subtle changes to some of the custom panel textures.

So, I open the texture in photoshop, make the colour change (I do *not* touch the size of the texture image in any way shape or form) and save it back as a tga with a resolution of 32 (as I read thats what you need).

Only problem, is my texture no longer works. I can reload the old one and it's all fine and dandy. My new texture just absolutely refuses to display.
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 1/6 SSC | 1/4 MH
_Chloe
Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:44 am
Lets go through the list:

1)You restart WoW?
2)Does it have an alpha channel?
3)Size of a power of 2 and no greater than 512?
4)In a folder WoW can access?
5)??????
6)Profit

If anything upload it somewhere and I'll take a look at it.
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."
_Chloe
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:39 am
The client loads images and .toc data when the game is loaded, then loads addon data when you login to a character, perform a zone change, or reload your UI manually. To add/modify .toc data or images the game must be restarted.

btw you just lost it.
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."
dmok
Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:10 pm
ok, restarting wow worked. *yay*

but now I am running into another problem ...

there are some gold lines in the middle of the panel that I am trying to eliminate. I tried just copying the background texture that exists everywhere else and overlapping it ... but now those lines just show up as black. Is there something special somewhere that is leaving that space as "filled" or whatever?

It looks like this

but I just dont know what to do to get rid of the lines through the middle, and this apparently wont let me upload the .tga file so I hope this is ok.

Any help anyone can give me would be awesome.
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 1/6 SSC | 1/4 MH
_Chloe
Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm
So you just want it an empty black box in the middle?
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."
_Chloe
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:52 pm
Try the eraser? Laughing
Considering your image is on a black BG, I'm assuming that everything that is black is transparent. If you draw black on your representation of transparency, which is black, you get black lines lol.
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."
_Chloe
Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:20 am
Upload the .tga file somewhere and ill go play with it
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."
Levantine
Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:14 am
I was all like, who the fuck is this? And then I was all ZOMG IT'S CHLOE!
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
_Chloe
Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:17 am
Yeah realized that I hadn't changed anything on here in ages....
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."