Skip to content
Maintankadin

Help Designing a New UI -Success for 90%

Majiben
Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:07 am

Help Designing a New UI -Success for 90%

I've never made a major overhaul of the basic blizzard UI but with 3.0 out I figure it's a good time to try something new.

Below in nonscreen breaking form is a link to my rough outline



The basic features I need to know about are:
How Get a viewport
Move my map, time, and coordinates
Personal frame above viewport
Target and target of target each smaller than Personal frame next to personal frame
Moved bags but not combined
Moved Blizzard menu buttons
Moved hot bars/keys
Pop up menus on mouse over
Buff and debuff timers
A way to take map buttons off the map
And party member frames only when partied


It's a lot to do but I will in your debt for your help.
_________________
Majiben
pyrowolf
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:06 am

Re: Help Designing a New UI

How Get a viewport
Move my map, time, and coordinates - SimpleMiniMap
Personal frame above viewport - Pitbull or Xperl
Target and target of target each smaller than Personal frame next to personal frame - Again Pitbull or Xperl
Moved bags but not combined - Bartender4
Moved Blizzard menu buttons - Bartender4
Moved hot bars/keys - Bartender4
Pop up menus on mouse over - Cowtip
Buff and debuff timers - Cooldowntimer (forget the latest version)
A way to take map buttons off the map - buttonbag
And party member frames only when partied - Xperl or Pitbull

Also for Raid you might want to try - Grid

Hope this helps.... Also think about installing eePanels or something like it.
VikrumthePally
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:12 am
Send me a PM when you get this up if you don't mind Maj. Would like to see it.
_________________
pyrowolf
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:38 am
I just realized. Embarassed That you may have wanted me to put together all the files and the configs for you. Embarassed

If that is the case let me know, I may be able to do that too... But, your original post is correct... That would be a lot of work. Very Happy
Majiben
Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:51 pm
Thanks for all your help. I can figure out how to get a hold of the files themselves now that I know what programs do what. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I would still love help on getting a popup menu on mouseover or click.
_________________
Majiben
Majiben
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 am
Here is a link to my new UI
The only trouble is chincilla does not want to play nice with Pitbull for some reason. Grid and OrA are hidden atm but I'm happy so far.
_________________
Majiben
Majiben
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:08 pm
A combonation of skinner and Pitbull. The order I applied the mods was Skinner->Bartender4->Chincila->Pitbull->random other mods.

Chincilla, Pitbull and cowtips don't get along so well at this time so pick 2 of them (I went with Pitbull and Chincilla).
_________________
Majiben
Shoju
Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:06 pm
Currently, I'm using

Sunnart Viewport
Bartender 4
Onebag (anyone know if Onebank is going to get updated? It's broke, and wont show the icons for stuff in the bank)
Chinchilla
Omen3
Minimap Button Bag
Moveanything

Broken mods still.....

onebank
closetgnome
pallypower


I can't seem to get pallypower to work at all.


EDIT:

Here is a link to my UI. I used my mage, hoping that it would pop omen up. Since it didn't Omen sits on top of my pet bar. (that's where pally power used to be, but since PP is broke, I will have to find a new spot for it.

I know that I could tighten up the ui a little, as far as were stuff is, but I like it so far.


Screeny!
_________________
My Paladin
Personally MT'd: {11/11 kz}{2/2 gl} {1/1 mag} {6/6 za} {1/6 ssc}
GUILD: {11/11 kz}{2/2 gl} {1/1 mag} {6/6 za} {6/6 ssc} {3/4 TK} {4/5 MH} {3/9 BT}
mantis
Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 pm
Alternative to one bag is Combuctor
Alternative to PallyPower is Zomgbuff Sync with PallyPower too

Personal opinion: If you want to lower the resources that your addons use try to avoid pitbull or cowtip they just kill the CPU better use X-perl and tiptop or TipTac

I am at work now later i will post my UI

P.S. edited my post to calm the ppl i affected Sorry
Levantine
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:59 am
Hey mantis, keep opinions like that to yourself unless you're going to look at a broader range of influences in a mod choice please.

Saying one mod is better than another while only looking at one thing is definitely not helpful.

Yes, Pitbull Cowtip and Chinchilla are large mods. Ckknight has designed them with massive amounts of customization. So much that people have likened Pitbull to Discord as a unitframe mod.

Limiting your viewpoint to CPU usage is only one of the important factors, and claiming that one mod is blatantly superior to another because of it is wrong.

I personally use Pitbull because I love the options it has and I think Xperl is the very definition of hideous. I know people who don't have the time or will to learn Pitbull and/or who have dodgy computers, so Xperl is a better fit for them.

I'm not even going to touch on your comparisons of OneBag/Combuctor and PallyPower/Zomg, they're just stupid and no one with any sense would trust what you said on your word. (Here's a hint for you, you have to do more than simply tell someone that one mod's better than another for them to believe you.)
_________________
Rinforza
私の名前を呼んで
砕けるくらい抱いて
mantis
Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:42 am
about pitbull i have been using this mod since it first release and i was loving it. I agree i didnt make my post like i should. I will try to tell it this time. Pitbull can be customized way better than x-perl i agree but X-perl use less resources. I didnt said anything about the minimap addon. Onebag and Combuctor i was using Onebag but when i found Combuctor i swaped them same utility but Combuctor have some extra tricks. PallyPower and Zomgbuff ok have you ever tried to set Zomgbuff proper with templates and such things. You can set Zomg with 2 clicks with all greater and single exception blessings. (Zomgbuff is not only for paladins but this is just an extra)

axxon
Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:51 am
About Closetgnome, many of the mods creators rewrite/update their addons so they work on Beta ---->Wotlk, therefor downloading the very latest addon doesnt say it works perfect on live 3.0.2. What i did with my Closetgnome was that i downloaded the ver. that i knew was working before patch and voila, it worked perfectly again Smile

I had the same problem with Ora2 downloaded the ver. I used before patch and it worked.