Skip to content
Maintankadin

Threat meter?

Zappi
Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:04 am
The ingame threatmeter was removed by Blizzard, they want to keep the default UI clean.
dmok
Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:36 am
As far as I know, the "ingame threatmeter" is now just a coloured border around your party/raid member's frame. Red if they have aggro, orange if they have aggro but don't have top threat, and yellow if they have higher threat than the person with aggro
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 2/6 SSC | 4/5 MH | 5/9 BT
samsara
Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:47 am
i installed a new version of omen and had no problems.

I think the omen-update-nightmare should also be over as it uses the thread informats from blizzard so you don't have to care that:

* all players have omen
* all omen versions are compatible with each other

+ i like the skin of the new omen Smile
_________________
lvl 70 / Samsara / Der Mithrilorden
Nika
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 am
How do you set it to display the percentages? Also, does anyone know if Diamond Threat meter works still? The latest version still shows WoW 2.4.

I love how Diamond works, but will go back to Omen if I must Wink

Thankies in advance,
Nika =)
pyrowolf
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 am
I read an article that said, the Bliz UI will give you a % of total threat that you have. Not really in comparison to anyone person or to see how close you are to pulling, but a general idea. Neutral Kinda bland if you ask me.
Rothes
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:45 am
Is a threat meter even needed?

I tanked ZA last night. The entire time I was probably 75% higher than the next person. The devs have stated they want threat management to be less of an issue.

Long story short: It seems like having a threat meter is unnecessary.
_________________
Rothes - 70 Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
pyrowolf
Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:20 pm
Yes, but in fights like Void Reaver, where you have 3 - 4 tanks. Wouldn't you want to know if VR is going to jump to a DPS instead of another tank? Haven't done him yet since the patch... Just curious.