Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.0 Macro help

Cohach
Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:11 am

3.0 Macro help

Before the patch, I was using this macro to handle my mounts:

#showtooltip Reins of the Onyx Netherwing Drake
/cast [modifier:shift] reins of the swift frostsaber
/cast [modifier:ctrl] summon warhorse
/cast reins of the onyx netherwing drake
/cast summon charger

When I used the macro in Outland, it would cast my drake, but if I was anywhere else, it would simply say I couldn't use the flyer, continue reading the macro and cast the charger. This was great, because 1 key-bind took care of both mounts. So no matter where I was, I just pressed alt+0 and I could mount

AFTER the patch, it no longer worked, so I modified the macro to this (I am not an expert):

#showtooltip Onyx Netherwing Drake
/use [modifier:shift] swift frostsaber
/use [modifier:ctrl] warhorse
/use onyx netherwing drake
/use charger
/dismount [mounted]

This new macro functions exactly as intended in Outlands, but it doesn't work anywhere else. Pressing the key-bind does nothing. I still get the "You can't use that here" error message like before, but it stops there; it no longer continues to read the rest of the macro to use the charger. I'm pretty sure I could get around this by making my main ground mount as one of the modifier options, and the flying mount as the unmodified option, but then I wouldn't have 1 key-bind taking care of both mounts.

Does anyone know what the problem is or why this might be happening? Any insights and suggestions would be very much appreciated, and thanks in advance.
_________________
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"
Cohach
Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:28 am
Thanks! I'll be trying it out as soon as WoW finishes reinstalling
_________________
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"
Zalaria
Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:54 pm
Actually you're right. I don't even know if "Summon Charger" even works. I've been using Livestock since 3.0... my 50 mounts won't fit in a macro Very Happy
_________________
Imagine you're at a parent-teacher conference, and the teacher reassures you that he always wears a condom while teaching.
Strictly speaking, it's better than the alternative... yet someone is clearly doing their job horribly wrong.