Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.0 Cooldown Mod

Aldonza
Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:01 am

3.0 Cooldown Mod

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a mod that shows the cooldowns on the abilities themselves?

I've tried CooldownButtons, but I'm finding it too cluttering. Confused

Any suggestions?

Playing both as a paladin and a hunter, I have alot of cooldowns that I like to see the active time left on the cooldown to maximize the rotations.
_________________

Jobalq
Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 am
I just downloaded the following addons to control my cooldowns. I am not sure which one to use:

ClassTimer
CoolDownButtons
HourGlass
OmniCC

Glad this topic was started since we have more buttons to press now.
_________________

"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword".
Aldonza
Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:14 pm
I love MSBT. I picked that up a few months ago when I really started playing my prot pally, and it was just so much nicer than any other scrolling combat text. I just converted my roommate who plays a Rogue to it (and he loved that it was telling him that his abilities were ready).

I'll look into OmniCC. Sounds like it's going to be my win ticket.
_________________

Jobalq
Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:19 am
Let us know how OmniCC went for you please. I still haven't installed any.
_________________

"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword".
trellian
Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:36 am
CooldownCount (ACE-ed)
_________________
Sytaena
Jobalq
Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:16 am
I tried the last version of OmniCC and it did not work for me, it was bug after bug.
On the other hand, i tried DoTimer and it is a really nice addon.

Shows your cooldowns (LoH, Blessings, DS etc..) , buffs and debuffs i recomend it.
_________________

"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword".
majorwoo
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:14 am
ive used omnicc for awhile now, I'm happy with it.
_________________
Sloath
Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:53 pm
I really like the timer mod SpellReminder from Wowace. http://www.wowace.com/projects/spell-reminder/

Features as follows:

* automatic duration tracking
* tertiary effect detection (frostbite, vulnerabilities, other talent effects, etc)
* customisation of bars (size, colour, positions)
* EMPHASIS of expiring bars (moveable/hideable)
_________________
Gamingdevil
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:24 pm
I recently got omniCC and I like it, but I suspect it bugs my X-Perl by putting it's buff duration on X-Perl's frames, I can't click away my buffs :s
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Zoltar
Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:46 pm
I use CooldownCount. Puts a simple number on your existing button after you click it. Simple and lightweight I find.
Snake-Aes
Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 am
What about Cooldown warnings? Stuff like popping a message on the middle of the screen when a cd is ready. With more buttons to press I'd like to see them while tanking =P
_________________
Spankadin in development
Sit vis nobiscum!