Skip to content
Maintankadin

Making sure that SoV is up

Moby
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:30 am

Making sure that SoV is up

With the change to 2 minute seals, and judgements not consuming them, I've run in to a little problem that I hope can be fixed with a mod.

What I'm looking for is some visual cue that SoV is up or down. Sure, I could look for it in my list of current buffs, but in a raid there are so many buffs active that it can be hard to find a certain one. I realize I could always just hit my SoV button periodically, but I also want to be mana-efficient while still being certain that it is up.

The only possible solution I've come up with so far is to use my elk Buffbars to create a group just for SoV, and have it positioned in a place where I will be able to quickly see if SoV is up - like near my unitframe or something. Or maybe have the SoV "bar" be a distinctive color from other bars. But I don't know if either of those things is even possible with Elk buffbars.

Anyone have an suggestions?
_________________
dmok
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:42 am
I've setup a thing in PowerAuras for it. If I am in combat, and do not have SoV up there is a nice glowing symbol above my head. I also have a giant shield over my body if Holy shield isn't up either.
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 2/6 SSC | 4/5 MH | 5/9 BT
Fridmarr
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:49 am
I use Satrina's buff frames, it is incredibly powerful, you can get a buff to display anywhere you like. I have a buff frame that's right in the action and it displays holy shield, and my current seal when there is less than 15 seconds on it, and RF when it has less than 30 seconds on it. I can't really miss it, and it makes it easy to make sure I have 100% uptime on those skills.

I also "sort" my standard buffs like flasks and Fort and all that, so I know exactly where they will display if I have them, so I can tell at a glance if I'm missing anything.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Andox
Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:58 am
This is also in Tankadin.