Skip to content
Maintankadin

Macro for Hand of Salvation

Belzebina
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Macro for Hand of Salvation

Allo!

I was wondering about a macro with hand of salvation.

If someone takes the aggro from me use the hand of salvation at the targets target and tell to the party/raid/yell the situation.

I'll try to explain.

Me - Mob - Aggroer

A macro that uses hand of salvation on targets target (in this case Aggroer) and tells; Hand of Salvation on Aggroer.

Can someone help with that?

Damn, i'm bad with english.
Thanks for the help. 8) :oops:
Majiben
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:49 pm
I've always used HoS proactively. Say that pesky mage/fury Warrior is at 95% of my threat, I'll HoS him then rather than wait for them to pull threat. Also do you want to this to be a mouse over macro as well?
majorwoo
Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:31 pm
Aye, if they took aggro from you you want to taunt/hop them - waiting for salv to drop their aggro back down may not even work, as chances are they are in the middle of another cast by the time they see they pulled aggro.

If they didn't watch omen to begin with, they probably didn't even see they pulled..
Belzebina
Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:31 pm
Allo!

Yeah, using HoS when they are close to get me is easy, but in pick up groups for heroics and etc... not all people have omen, or an addon like that.

That's my problem, well only and i say only few times i lost aggro from a mob, before and after the patch. 8)

Thanks for the help. :wink:
dmok
Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:34 pm
past-patch everyone "has" omen. Omen uses the built-in threat meter's information. So if they are running wow, they are reporting threat. there is no escuse now to pulling aggro.
Lore
Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:42 pm
I'd HoP in that situation, but here's the macro you're looking for:

#showtooltip
/assist
/cast Hand of Salvation
/p Hand of Salvation on %t!
/targetlasttarget
Majiben
Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:50 pm
Lore wrote:I'd HoP in that situation, but here's the macro you're looking for:

#showtooltip
/assist
/cast Hand of Salvation
/p Hand of Salvation on %t!
/targetlasttarget


Can you throw in a clause to prevent from casting it on yourself?
SnowEagle
Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:36 pm
Code: Select all
/cast [no self] Hand of Salvation


should do iirc
Conaan!
Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:20 pm
isnt there a statement possible to return current threat values on target, if so wouldnt you be able to ask for all threat on target list, find name of 2nd on list and Bosalv him?


if not, anyone got the mouseover macro laying around?
blueblood
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:20 pm
Is it possible to make a mouseover HoS macro?

So that I can hover my raid frames, press my HoS key throw HoS on the target that's under my cursor and make a raid announce/whisper.
Snake-Aes
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:25 pm
/cast [target=mouseover] spell
dmok
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 pm
blueblood wrote:Is it possible to make a mouseover HoS macro?

So that I can hover my raid frames, press my HoS key throw HoS on the target that's under my cursor and make a raid announce/whisper.

See Snake's post for the mouseover cast portion.

As for being able to announce in raid/whisper, I'm not sure if there is a way to pull the name of a mouseover target in a macro.
blueblood
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:47 pm
dmok wrote:
blueblood wrote:Is it possible to make a mouseover HoS macro?

So that I can hover my raid frames, press my HoS key throw HoS on the target that's under my cursor and make a raid announce/whisper.

See Snake's post for the mouseover cast portion.

As for being able to announce in raid/whisper, I'm not sure if there is a way to pull the name of a mouseover target in a macro.


That blows if that's the case :( Because I like pwetty macros :>
Gamingdevil
Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:36 pm
SnowEagle wrote:
Code: Select all
/cast [no self] Hand of Salvation


should do iirc


Doesn't work: "self is not a valid command for macro's"
Azrak
Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:20 pm
Gamingdevil wrote:
SnowEagle wrote:
Code: Select all
/cast [no self] Hand of Salvation


should do iirc


Doesn't work: "self is not a valid command for macro's"


Not sure since I'm not at home, but would something like this work?

Code: Select all
/cast [target=noplayer] Hand of Salvation


In my head, that seems like it would work, but not sure if the Blizz engine thinks that way.