Skip to content
Maintankadin

RetFaceroller Addon

Questioner
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 am

RetFaceroller Addon

I've been working on an addon in my free time for Retribution. The point of the addon is to provide clash detection and resolution faster than your brain can so that you can optimize your PVE DPS.

Currently, it works under the assumption of FCFS with a Judgement priority (because of mana). It is however, set up to use actual, dynamically calculated DPS amounts for each ability based off your current stats.

Here is a small clip of me working on a target dummy in Org:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68ykW9yH3Y

And a very poor quality one on some mobs (before I figured a free way to screen cap on mac Very Happy):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gThDKhAGoo

In the second vid you can see HoW gets added to the list at 20%. On Evil mobs (undead, demon) Holy Wrath and Exorcism both get added to the list.

I am posting here to see if anyone has recommendations for additions they would like to see added that might help make the addon more useful. The currently scheduled additions are:

GCD indicator
[complete] Size/Color preferences
Horizontal VS Vertical layout.
Pulse On Ready
Highlight On Ready
True Stats (rather than theory) DPS comparison
- Is it better to wait that 0.1 second for CS over Exorcism?
Cooldown text display on/off
Free GCD indicator (over 1.5 seconds until next DPS ability is ready)
Seal Re-Buff indicator, and optimal timing of rebuff
- Last free GCD before expiration
Burn Mode (True DPS over Priority Judgement)
Mana Watch Mode (DPM vs DPS)


Edit: I forgot to add...Considering Protection is based around cooldowns instead of spammable attacks, this same kind of addon can be built. Let me know if there is interest.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Spectrum
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:25 am
Huh, this is an interesting idea. Of course, once you figure out what your priority list is, isn't PvE DPS just an execution of that priority system, or are things more dynamic?

I'll definitely check it out though.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
Lore
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:28 am
VERY nice, I like it. Similar to an idea I had a while ago but never got around to actually working on (particularly since I am bad at addons).

Would love a Prot version for the 969 rotation, although Prot would probably have a bit less GCD clashing.
_________________
And the emperor still wears no clothes...
Chunes
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:31 am
i would absolutely love to see a version of this tailored to prot's abilities. i always loose track of which 9sec CD is coming up. it would be great to have a nice hud to track that sort of thing.

<3
Splug
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:37 am
A very watered down version of that for prot warriors got me into the wotlk beta. That actually looks good with the buttons showing up for cooldowns as they come up, rather than the cheesy quick sct messages I used. Ironically, it's actually better than a simple macro now that sword and board is on the table... one of these days I should update mine to be less of an embarassment.

Very nice work on that though - the interface there looks very clean. Are those actual buttons or just spell gems? (IE: can you just mouse over the top one and faceroll to victory, or does it just present the information and require the player to push that button on their toolbar?)

-Splug
_________________
Active raid character - death knight: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Spyte
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Lore
Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:08 am
Honestly I think just about any non-healing class could benefit from this greatly. Some classes would probably be trickier to code than others though. Balance Druids, for example, have two DoT's to track, and change the spell they're casting when Eclipse procs.
_________________
And the emperor still wears no clothes...
daemonym
Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 am
oh ya, 1 thought i had that i'd LOVE to see in this is an open/close button. because far too often i'll close an addon and not be able to find out how to open it back up. a simple red/green dot like the one for pally power would be jsut fine, something small but gets the job done.
_________________