Skip to content
Maintankadin

9696 rotation and when to use it

glmacedo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:01 pm

9696 rotation and when to use it

Guys (and gals, to avoid trouble like in the last thread)

Getting tired of mashing buttons, I decided to use one of the 9696 rotation macros...

My question: do you guys use this only in groups or when soloing as well? Is this rotation the best one for solo DPS? I have a feeling that having consecration in the middle of a solo macro may be a huge mana drain if you're fighting just a few mobs...

Any help is appreciated!
_________________
--


Kelarik
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm
Well, judging by the way that when doing 969 all of our damage-causing abilities are on cooldown, I'm guessing it's the best DPS we can dish out too. Of course dropping consecration is a good idea, the mana burned isn't really justified, but you can always just let it open, put in Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism, whatever you want Smile
_________________
The Path of Light was a simple choice when deciding which academy to join. With proper lighting you can get a good reflection from any body of water. An elf has to keep his hair in check, after all.
Noradin
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 am
Just include "reset=ALT" or something alike to be able to restart the sequence without using consecration.
_________________
Kelarik
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:54 am
Or be pro and don't macro it ^_^ (j/k to everyone that uses macros, I just cba, I like spamming different buttons)
_________________
The Path of Light was a simple choice when deciding which academy to join. With proper lighting you can get a good reflection from any body of water. An elf has to keep his hair in check, after all.
glmacedo
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:55 am
Ok, a stupid question then Smile

If I include the reset = ALT command, to reset teh sequence I have to press ALT + keybind?

G.
_________________
--


Subject
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:36 am
For boss tanking I don't use a macro, just a rotation.

Holy Shield Pre-Pull, Judge, SotR, HoR, HS, Judge, Sotr, HoR. If there are gaps when everything is on CD I will consecrate, divine plea, exorcism if possible.

For Trash its just Holy Shield, Hammer and Consecrate and Judge/Shield if those are on CD on the main target.
_________________
Subject - Female Blood Elf Paladin of Tortheldrin
Subject - Male Human Paladin of Arthas (Sold Pre-2.4)
Kelarik
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 am
Here's a macro I use on my rogue to use my trinkets whenever they're up, can be modified to whatever you want

glmacedo
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:14 am
Yeah, the macros I'm using for the 969 rotation are about the same...

But is there any way (not in a macro) to actually disable that annoying sound when an ability is not ready or is on the GCD? If I just dont like the macro, I'll go back to spamming keys... and the sound is annoying as hell...
_________________
--


Kelarik
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:26 pm
You can always integrate the sound disabling part of the macro into the different buttons you use, multiple individual-skill macros, it's a lot of work but there's not much you can do about it I'm afraid.

Or you could just turn off your sound effects, or uncheck the 'Error Speech' in your sound options, that'll stop your character going 'Not ready yet.' or whatever.
_________________
The Path of Light was a simple choice when deciding which academy to join. With proper lighting you can get a good reflection from any body of water. An elf has to keep his hair in check, after all.
Funktapus
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 pm
I use a similar macro, but I also make it so that when my trinkets are on cooldown it doesn't spit error messages at me. Incorporating the sound effect part in macros I have a habit of spamming makes it way easier to listen to music and play at the same time.

Flankar
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:08 pm

A non-stop 969 rotation?

Hi there Very Happy

I'm a new poster but have been reading up quite a bit for the past few months. Based on builds, other rotation macro's, etc. from what I've seen, I think that I have built a solid 969 rotation with hardly any gaps. I'm sure it's been done before but I haven't been able to find one this clean and needed some constructive criticism on it. I've never used macro's before and wanted to see if these rotations can even be macro'd and for someone to check the CD's, etc. Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but this thread seemed pretty close to the topics at hand (969 macros).

First, the CDs.
HS - 8 sec
HotR - 6 sec
Judge - 9 sec (w/ 1/2)
Cons - 8 sec
SoR - 6 sec

The rotation would be 2 macros (if they can be made). I've also placed timings on the spells so they can be checked over.

Macro 1:
00.0 HS
01.5 HotR
03.0 Judgement
04.5 SoR
06.0 Cons
07.5 HotR

Macro 2:
09.0 HS
10.5 SoR
12.0 Judgement
13.5 HotR
15.0 Cons
16.5 SoR

I was essentially looking for a 1,2; 1,2; 1,2 type of rotation. I built this rotation based on previous findings (somewhere on this site), but didn't like the previous ones because they had too many "free" spots and didn't seem as consistent/easy to use.

Please help if you can!