Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hand of sacrifice macro

Schismm
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:32 am

Hand of sacrifice macro

I searched and wasn't able to find anything btu if I am wrong I am sorry. I am looking for a macro that will Cast HoS on my focus target, Bubble me and accounce to raid something like %t Has Hand of sacrifice (12 sec pause) HoS fades from %t.
_________________
Schismm 80 Prot Paladin Alexstrasza Dark Nova
Schismm
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:40 pm
Here is what I have so far. However I can not get it to do a /rw. I have gotten it to work but it redoes it every time you hit the button and I don't ant that. And I have not gotten the timer for 12 sec to work.


#showtooltip
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence [target=focus] reset=30 Hand of Sacrifice , Divine Shield
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
_________________
Schismm 80 Prot Paladin Alexstrasza Dark Nova
OntetheProt
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:44 pm
This is the one I use... mouseover, though. Found it in one of the threads here. I am sure you can mess with it to get it to do what you want.

Schismm
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:16 pm
Ok here is where I am stuck.

/castsequence [target=focus] reset=9 Hand of Sacrifice , Divine Shield
/script m=UnitName("focus");s="HoS on "..m.." - TAKING 30% LESS DAM FOR 12 SEC!";SendChatMessage(s,"RAID",nil,nil);SendChatMessage(s,"WHISPER",nil,m);SendChatMessage(s,"PARTY",nil,nil)

The problem is it gives the msg each time i hit the button, and I have to hit it twice. I don't mind dropping the whisper part of it in order to make it not spam the msg more then once
_________________
Schismm 80 Prot Paladin Alexstrasza Dark Nova
OntetheProt
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:30 pm
I am pretty sure no matter what it will send the message anytime you hit the hotkey. Not sure of a way to change that, or if it is even possible. It will still send the message even if you have a mob targeted and you hit it by accident. Its funny when raid chat says the gargoyle you are targeting is taking less damage.

I use a seperate macro, for bubble. Not in game but I think it is something like this.

Schismm
Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:45 pm
I am going to go with the 2 buttons for me. Won't always want to bubble, if I am OT and outa mana. Still trying to find a easier way for the healers so if anyone has ideas let me know.
_________________
Schismm 80 Prot Paladin Alexstrasza Dark Nova
Vrego
Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:41 pm
When are you using this macro? I mean, why do you want it basicly?
Schismm
Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:16 pm
Basically use this as a bubblewall for tanks. Either when there is no need for an OT so I am just DPSing or if a Healer wants to use it. I mean honestly if a healer is bubbling themselves anyway why not also cast HoS anyway and reduce the tanks Damage for basically no penalty?
_________________
Schismm 80 Prot Paladin Alexstrasza Dark Nova