Skip to content
Maintankadin

Need some UI advice, getting my new monitor tomorrow

DoomStone
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:03 pm

Need some UI advice, getting my new monitor tomorrow

Yes i have been running with a 19" non-widthscreen monitor for about 3 years now, so i thoug it was about to get a upgrade.
I bought a 24" widthscreen monitor, and it will arravie in about 9 hours Very Happy

I have been looking around but i haven't been able to find a ui that fits my needs, so i hoped that some one in here might know a good, plug and play ui that will Very Happy

I like evything VERRY minizied. I normaly only have 6 buttons visuable, only the ones i need to know my cooldown on.
Also, a ui that don't come with 10000+ ekstra addons.

This is what i have been running with so far, witch i'm pritty please with. But i have been unable to find it again Sad

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/519/wowscrnshot123008001046sa7.jpg

Thanks in advance for you help
_________________
Kuripari
Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:12 pm
I like very minimalistic UI's also, too much stuff, and it defeats the purpose IMO.

So anyways.. to get there.. I learned how to configure them, and build my own, and only add things, when there's something specific I need. That's my best advice, and it's the prime way to get it exactly how you want it...

Downside is, I spent alot of time getting there initially.
_________________
Kuripari Level 70 0/55/6 - Skywall US Horde
Kinkstah
Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:41 am
Hi there, your screenshot above looks a lot like Caith UI. Fairly minimal ui while remaining functional. Very Happy
_________________
Marwan
Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:48 am
Yeah that's def Caith UI. In my opinion it's the best mix of minimalism and functionality available out there. Unfortunately it's not being updated anymore. :/

Here's the official site ...

http://www.bellum-potentiae.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3674

What I do is take that basic design and update all the addons involved which changes it a bit, but not enough to worry about. At least you'll have a solid minimal UI with current addons.
_________________
AholeyKnight
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:39 am
Keep your current UI and change up the resolution. I don't know what resolution you were at with the 19" but with the 24" you should be able to run at 12180x1064 you will have more screen real estate to paly around with and can resize any of your mods.

No need to go out rework what you like.

I did these same steps moving from a 19" to a 26" monitor just a few weeks back.
_________________