Skip to content
Maintankadin

HowTo dual spec/dual UI? Help Wanted...

Kellel
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:55 am

HowTo dual spec/dual UI? Help Wanted...

I've been testing out all kinds of unit frames replacements as well as a metric assload of other UI addon's. I've finally arrived at a UI that I love, however it has become pretty much a general UI that has been great for 5 mans and farming and achievement whoring, but is getting quite cumbersome for raiding.

Now that I'm raiding more and more, I'm finding I need to trim some fat. I also want the flexibility to flip flop between prot, holy and perhaps ret specs. Item Rack is fantastic for managing gear sets, but now I need a way to change my ui, fast.

What I'm looking for is a way to save my general purpose UI, tanking UI and healing UI into separate profiles. Eventually, I'd like to be able to respec, /reload UI .. and accept summon Very Happy.

What does everyone else use for this? Is this a pipe dream or are there tools available to do this?
_________________
fuzzygeek
Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:31 am
Probably the only way to do this is to copy your wtf\account\[login]\[character name] directory into wtf\Account\[login]\[character name].prot

configure your ui into, say, dps, and copy into blahblahblah.dps

then copy the contents into wtf\Account\[login]\[character name] and /reloadui.

May be more trouble than it's worth, but might also be the only way to do what you want.
_________________
_Chloe
Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:33 am
This is something that has to be done on a per mod basis really.
_________________

MainTankadin UI/Addon Forums Moderator
fuzzygeek
Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:43 pm
Wouldn't copying the wtf\etc folders port all saved mod settings? Is there somewhere else in the dir tree that mods can store their settings? I was under the impression the API was very controlled, with regards to where data could be read and written.
_________________
Noradin
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:22 am
"/reload ui" didn't work on the ptr anymore for me, does anybody knwo if this is a bug or intended (because it sucks!).
_________________
QuantumDelta
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm
/rl :<
_________________
While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
Marklevin
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:29 pm
many mods will let you save a certain configuration, X Perl comes to mind as a unit frame, see what others have profiles associated with them
Majiben
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:40 pm
A list of the mods you use would be helpful too.
_________________
_Chloe
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 am
/console reloadui

or if you start wow with the console

lusisia
Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:22 am
The first thing I would do is download Actionbar Saver. That alone will save you alot of work.

In my case, I have action bars for each spec. After I respec, I type