Skip to content
Maintankadin

error text

wesintex
Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:13 pm

error text

is there a mod that gets rid of the red text that appears in the middle of the screen when you can't use a spell or something of the sort.

Also is there a mod that will get rid of my characters annoying voice? "I'm out of mana" "I can't use that right now" etc.

like so

Morpheren
Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:19 pm
The sound can be turned off in the interface or sound options menu. Possibly the text but I think you'll either have to run a script to disable it, maybe try googling "error frame addon Warcraft". I'd help ya but I'm posting from my phone.
_________________
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Fury Untold of Sen'jin, Guild Master
http://armorylite.com/us/sen%27jin/koriel
Levantine
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:42 pm
I just added this:

fuzzygeek
Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:02 pm
Character error speech can be turned off in the UI (disable character speech or somesuch).

I also put
Spectrum
Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 pm
This will turn off error sounds for this macro (not interrupting previous ones) and clear the error frame of messages before they appear)

wesintex
Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:01 pm
okay I fixed the character exclamations and the error text, but whenever I use an ability or what not while on GCD or something it still makes the noise

i'm not sure what to call it, but it annoys me since im a button masher and i want to turn on my WoW volume without gouging my eyes.
trellian
Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:24 am
i've actually been looking for a mod that would allow you to turn certain errors into diplayed graphix...

Things like a U-turn sign whenever i'm facing the wrong way, etc... I don't like the error text as it's red and close to the raid warning messages. It get's confusing sometimes.

I haven't been able to find anything of the likes though.


For the people that do it in macro's, you might want to check out http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/lay-hide-errors-fan-update.aspx
_________________
Sytaena