Skip to content
Maintankadin

Any endgame tanks use a 969 macro?

Kalakaua
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Any endgame tanks use a 969 macro?

Are there any hardcore server first type guild tanks who use this macro?

I mean, it certainly makes the rotation easier, but it's not that hard to just bind some keys and do it manually. The macro just seems so inflexible that I wonder if there are any cutting edge tanks that use it.
Knaughty
Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 pm
Feels odd to be claiming to be "end-game", but I guess I've done Sarth+3[10], and that's the end of the game ATM.

To answer: Fully manual, top row of main page of my N52-GlowyBlueEdition

Then again, I click anything with a CD over 1 minute. Shocked

Once 3.0.8 goes in and I stop abusing ShoR x 2 (Whatever works, baby) cast-sequence HotR/Shor would probably be fine. Just make sure HotR is first, and the macro has a "reset=6 seconds" thingy in it.

IMO: If you're sequencing "9".... You're doing it wrong (and you will go OOM).

I'm still re-optimising my UI. Nothing has been hard enough so far that I've had to really fix up my binds. Thus trinkets, bubblewall, pots, etc are currently clicked. Though in theory I can chord-key them all on the N52. Not liking that solution much, but forcing myself to learn it by putting the Roflcopter and OldSkoolBear on the chord-keys and refusing to click them.

Part of the problem is being a bit of luddite re typing "properly". Been using computers ~30 years, and never learned to touch-type, though I am a rather fast typist. Thus the N52 is the first time I've really had to learn to "touch type" anything.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty of the Nightfall.
Basic FAQ and Advanced FAQ
Jaeldech
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 pm
Manual rotation. I'm hardcore, or inefficient, or something. Go me.
_________________
aka
Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 am
still manual, judging, then ShotR*2 Embarassed , DS, then 2 other things (mainly HotR and consecrate, but it depends on what's up and what I'm tanking), and back to the beginning.

easily pulling 6K TPS like that
_________________
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin
calthas
Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:47 am
Dunno if I'm endgame (naxx 25, malygos 25, that's the end I guess), but I don't macro. Manual rotation, with Whack when I feel lazy. Rotating 5 spells is not a big deal (I use a n52te too :p)...
_________________
Kelzeo
Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:51 am
I will never understand why ppl would want to macro something like this.. Before 3.0 tanking could get boring fast. After 3.0 we have all these buttons to press and keep track of.. Much more fun to me at least Very Happy
_________________
calthas
Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:33 am
Any endgame tank should be able to maintain his rotation AND be aware without using a macro Wink

*end of taunt*
_________________
Wolvar
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 am
Depends on how late it is. I start to zone out around 2am. Laughing
_________________
Thels
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:32 am
I have castover macros for a lot of spells (all not-self buffs and heals), and a macro under bubble that a second click removes bubble and bop.

I do not have any sequence macros, except for ShoR. I have rank 2 and rank 1 under one button with a 6 second reset. There should be no moment ever when you want ShoR 1 instead of ShoR 2, whileI can think of exceptions for every single other spell.

Though maybe I can make one for Divine Plea and Sacred Shield on Self (if I put it on a 1 minute reset and put Sacred Shield in more than once), but I'm not sure I can force Sacred Shield on self in a sequence macro. Does anyone know? Guess I'll try when I'm home Razz
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin