Skip to content
Maintankadin

click to move

Terlingua
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:35 am

click to move

Does anyone use this option in the UI/Interface or am I scrub for never having used it before? =)

I've been a healer for my whole (limited) raid career but I switched to a paladin tank for WotLK and positioning has been tough for me to really get smooth with.

Thanks
_________________
Guillex
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:51 am
I never used it. Used to play a free MMORPG that was click-to-move ... But it sucked.

I also used to play UT/Quake/FPS' ... so I'm used to the whole wasd movement schema. I find it a ton easier.
_________________
Póg mo thóin

OntetheProt
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:54 am
Shadowbane was a click to move game, and it was alright. Though after playing wow without it I am not sure I could go back to it.
_________________
Terlingua
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:56 am
thanks
_________________
Spectrum
Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:37 am
I'm pretty sure this was created just as an experimental feature and for people who were used to it. It's really sub-optimal Worse than keyboard turning.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
daemonym
Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:38 am
i never liked click to move tbh, i like having full control of where i'm going and how far. if i'm feeling lazy i'll just hit auto run =p
_________________
bentheb
Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:20 pm
I like click-to-move for interacting with objects/corpses, but dislike the click-on-ground aspect of it.

For clicking on mobs, it's a mixed bag. On the one hand, it's good for determining where the edge of a large hit box. (I found this useful on Murmur, where my initial assumption of a standard hitbox size put me too far in to be able to run out of the boom in time.) On the other hand, there has been a bug in WoW since 2004 (probably pre-release even) where if you right click on a group of mobs several times in rapid succession, and you have click to move enabled, it can bug out the camera.

Honestly, I would say it's more trouble than it's worth. Especially since they added the bug where clicking to interact with a small object (such as a wine glass or city portal) will sometimes bring you to it, then spin madly in tight circles instead of interacting with said object.
Dark Severance
Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:55 am
I use click to move mainly because I can get on a flight mount click the mountain range across the zone and go afk while I fly there. I use it in raids and dungeons.

However I do not use it when I'm actually positioning mobs. Its ok to use to start the run, once you engage you need to use keyboard to properly position mobs. Otherwise you could click to lose a target (unless you have sticky targeting selected), you could move in the wrong place, etc.
_________________
Dunkan
Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:31 pm
Real tanks use Click-to-Move.
_________________
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
vikemosabe
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:11 am
I use click to move, but not normally in fights.
Sometimes I just don't wanna use the keys to move. call me lazy Smile

I also use it very often to get to a merchant or npc to talk to them.


Edit: Dunkan, that's a creepy avatar! I'm gonna have nightmares tonight
fuzzygeek
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:46 am
I use click to move because I'm too lazy to manually walk to vendors or pick up items from the ground.
_________________