Skip to content
Maintankadin

Taunt macro

Drae
Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Taunt macro

Alright, with 3.0.8 coming soon I'm after a macro for both taunts.


When I'm targeting someone in the raid it should cast Righteous Defense on them.

When I'm targeting a mob that's targeting someone else in the raid it should cast Hand of Reckoning on the mob, or Righteous Defense on the player if shift is held down (or if HoR is on cooldown?).

When I'm targeting a mob that's targeting me, Righteous Defense should be 'activated' on my cursor and I should be able to click anyone in my raid frames to cast it on them.


Possible? Or at least something similar?


Edit:
Would this work? I have no way of testing it out since I'm not on the PTR Razz

#showtooltip
/cast [noharm,nodead][modifier:shift,target=targettarget,noharm,nodead]Righteous Defense;
[harm,nodead]Hand of Reckoning;
[target=targettarget,noharm,nodead]Righteous Defense

Note: noharm seems to work better with NPCs than help does, that's why it's there.
This doesn't automatically use RD if HoR is on cooldown, but I don't think that's possible without a castsequence macro, and I don't know how you'd fit all these conditionals in a castsequence.

Edit 2:
Only just realized that this doesn't account for when a hostile mob you have targeted is targeting you. As far as I know there is no conditional to check if the targeted mob has you targeted. I am assuming you can still use HoR by default on a mob that is targeting you.
dmok
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:47 am
You can greatly simplify your macro down to:

Drae
Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:02 am
Ahh I completely forgot that Righteous Defense can be used as-is on a hostile mob now. Thanks for simplifying it Razz

Just a question, is there any way to make the second line a castsequence with a reset time so that Righteous Defense will be used if HoR is on cooldown, but still use RD if a friendly target is selected and HoR isn't on cooldown? I'm not sure how conditionals work with castsequences.

For example would something like this work?
Meroe
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:51 am

Even simpler...

I look at it in terms of Single-Target vs. AOE, as Sartharion was the example given (Yeah, I did the taunt dance this weekend, frigging adds.)

#showtooltip
/cast [harm, nodead] Hand of Reckoning


^ Singletarget

#showtooltip
/cast [harm, nodead] Righteous Defense


^AOE

These could be two different buttons, right next to one another, right at your fingertips. Eliminates the accidental shift and provides the same functionality as the old RD macro to avoid not having to target your friend.

Just don't be a nub and target Sartharion on the ST one. >.> Not that I would do that...Noooo.

Again, feedback appreciated.
_________________
Meroe :: 80 Human Paladin :: Moonrunner @ US

Miner/Jewelcrafter