Skip to content
Maintankadin

Max camera distance

Peaces
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:42 am

Max camera distance

Hey all,

we have just begun experimenting with Illidan and I am one of the 2 fire resist tanks.

I am looking for a way to increase my max camera distance so I can have a more expanded top view.

Anyone know an addon which can do this or if no addon: where and how to change it in the ini files?
Devilheals
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:49 am
Interface options -> Advanced tab, bottom right

Theres also a mod that increases it even further I think but I dont remember the name.
_________________
Peaces
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:56 am
I have, as you mentioned, changed it to max in the interface options itself, but for a complete overview (where the other tank is with his elemental and to see where the blue beam is coming from) I would like my view to be even further.

So, if anyone knows how to do this with or without a mod, would be great...
Eliane
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:59 am
I use this command:

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4
_________________
Peaces
Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:35 am
Thanks alot for the information, it's much appreciated !

Hopefully this will help me to do my job at Illidan. Tanking those flames is the hardest part so far in my WoW tanking career and tbh, so far I haven't been doing the best job I can...
ehly
Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:17 am
Smile

Yup as they said. zoom your camera out. We have people in our guild who after you tell them to type that (for us archimonde right now) complain..nothing happened.

It sets..your maxium distance factor. You still have to zoom your camera out as normal though Smile

Its a great command to know Very Happy
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Cakes
Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 am
One thing I noticed about the maxDistanceFactor setting is that it is now retained after logout. I used to have to use this macro every time for Illidan (forgetting it usually resulted in me dying) but after 2.4, this setting is kept and you can ditch the macro.
Spectrum
Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:53 am
The max camera distance thing is a setting you can put in your Config.wtf, I believe. There are some other fun things you can put in there like expanding the tab-targetting distance and I think the distance at which those v-toggled healthbars show up.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
Wyleai
Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:43 pm
2.4 has seriously expanded how far out the camera will go.

But be prepared to lose a lot of framerate if you go to far... Smile

Try out settings on a crowded day in Shattrath before you subject your raid group to them.
_________________