Skip to content
Maintankadin

Buffing myself

Magowan
Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Buffing myself

I'm still fairly new to tanking on my pally but I'm loving it. One of the problems I'm having is remembering to throw on all my buffs before starting an instance (or after a wipe.) with everything going on, occasionally things fall through the cracks. I thought it would be great to have a macro that put up my aura, my greater blessing and righteous fury. (And, in theory, anything else I might need.)

I'm pretty inept at macros, can anyone help me with this?

thanks!
_________________
Magowan
Guillex
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:59 pm
You most probably want PallyPower and Tankadin.

PP has red boxes when buffs aren't assigned ... to yourself also. Tankadin's RF button is red when you're not buffed.

Pretty handy.
_________________
Official thread killer

Bluejam
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:41 pm
Also BigBrother is great for tracking buffs raid wide, including consumables/food buffs.
Shows all the important blessings as well as buffs from priests and druids.

Also tells u who breaks CC Smile
_________________
Dakiros
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 am
I use Power Aura for showing me when I don't have RF up, it takes a little setting up but it works for me. Pally Power is just awesome.
_________________
Warrender
Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:01 am
Newest version of Pally Power now has the option to monitor Righteous Fury and buff yourself. Pretty damn cool.
_________________
Tinkerbéll
Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:16 am
I can only recommend SmartBuff.
This addon works for all classes and you can configure what it shall buff (you can select all auras, buffs and also buff food, weapon oils...), when it shall remind you to buff, if a buff is only used in combat (eg. Holy Shield), the button it shall autobuff with (scroll wheel up for me) and lots more.
Thanehand
Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 am
ZOMG is the Best of SmartBuff and PallyPower. Have used all three, and through ZOMG is probably the most complex to set up (still easy tho), it's far superior to SB or PP....
_________________
ehly
Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:33 am
I prefer PP just for the factor that most my buff assignement are raid level. Since PP talks in the background it knows what everyones buffs are, and you can sort out some tricky buff assignments. Our raids average about 3-4 paladins. It is also handy in a party with a nother paladin running it. I also like opening it up and seeing, ok that person has imp wisdom or imp might. Since it broadcasts every PP users talent and spell levels to the party/raid.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
I Am Rumpole
Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:55 am
can RL configure all pally buffs with ZOMG like in PP

we got a RetPala, excellent DPS, not so hot with the CommonSense