Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ace Version of X-Perl

Eneroth
Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Ace Version of X-Perl

Hey all,

As the title says I am looking for an ace version of X-Perl. I am looking to changing all my add ons to Ace, just cause it's easier to keep them all up to date. If you can post what you are useing and some screen shot. I want something that will flash around a characters name when they get Agro, thats very useful for me. If nothing is like that, then I will keep useing X-Perl.
_________________
Levantine
Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:38 pm
Pitbull has a Banzai module. It turns the health bar red when they get aggro. I don't have a screenshot, because I don't use it myself, but it shouldn't be toooooo hard to imagine. Wink
_________________
Eneroth
Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:15 pm
Oh and I need something that has a Focus target as well.
_________________
Questioner
Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:29 pm
Pitbull does what you want, and more, and you can turn each module on and off individually. I've been using it for about a year now.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Dorvan
Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:55 pm
Likely of interest, this was in the changelog of the most recent update to X-Perl:

Changed: Files moved into appropriate folders per module in preparation for compatibility with WoW Ace Updater. (Requires a WoW restart to work)
_________________
Levantine
Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:11 pm
Fair sure it's already in the Ace Updater. It's there when I use JWU these days, and that's pretty much a friendlier WAU.
_________________
Makaijin
Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:48 pm
I think Zek is in the proces of moving all his addons over to Ace. He recently wrote a new buffing mod called ZOMGbuffs in Ace, moved grim over to Ace, now Xperl. My guess is he fell in love with the Ace API when he wrote ZOMGBuffs or something.
_________________
Catriona
Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:08 am
Xperl is indeed on Ace. It was updated when I was looking for Yet Another Omen Update last night prior to the raid.
_________________

Faelure
Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:53 pm
<3 XPerl on ace - I would always forget to update it for months at a time because it was my only non ace mod that I absolutely couldn't do away with.
Eneroth
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:32 pm
Damnit.. their are like 10 different files to update now, why didn't he keep it in one package like he did on Curse.
_________________
ehly
Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 pm
Its always been 10ish different files, now though can only update the ones that need it rather than the entire tree of of the mod. It was nice seeing it pop up on my WAU Smile
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/