Skip to content
Maintankadin

Multiple toons, multiple UIs

Guillex
Tue May 27, 2008 5:22 am

Multiple toons, multiple UIs

Alrighty then ... As a lot of you probably do, I have multiple toons on a few servers ...

How do you keep your addons and UIs separated for each toon on each server? Simple and straightforward question.

I KNOW I'll probably need to clarify what I'm asking, but I'll wait for a response first. Smile
_________________
Official thread killer

dmok
Tue May 27, 2008 5:23 am
I just use the same UI and 95% of the same addond for each toon. Since I'm used to the UI already, it means I dont have to readjust when I log onto someone else.
Levantine
Tue May 27, 2008 5:30 am
Profiles are a wonderful thing. I made a pretty stock standard UI to use on the lower levelled alts, and have profiles in all my addons for Terrin etc etc.
_________________
Caelestrasz
Rinforza - 70 Holy Priest
Levie - 21 Ret Paladin

Morokute nigai kajitsu no you ni
Hito no kokoro wo miryou suru no
Guillex
Tue May 27, 2008 5:33 am
Ok ... Say you wanted to have DIFFERENT ui's for each toon ...

My case:

2 prot pallies on different servers, same ui
Warlock, on same server as Guillex
Mage, on same server as Guillex
Shaman on a completely different server from the rest.

Other than Trypp and Guillex, what if I wanted a different UI for each toon? How would you manage/deal with that?
_________________
Official thread killer

Snake-Aes
Tue May 27, 2008 5:38 am
Anything to do with the addon enabling option in the login screen? You can enable/disable based on character, but you have to pay some attention(the screen opens assuming you are switching for everyone).
_________________
Chiv
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
.'>';
Levantine
Tue May 27, 2008 5:38 am
Profiles.

Seriously, you wouldn't know that the same player came up with some of the different UI's I use.

You can turn different addons off/on for different toons, and for the basic ones I just, as I said before, profile the characters.
_________________
Caelestrasz
Rinforza - 70 Holy Priest
Levie - 21 Ret Paladin

Morokute nigai kajitsu no you ni
Hito no kokoro wo miryou suru no
yanyue0
Tue May 27, 2008 5:59 am
I have exact same problem with Guillex, plus, how to set different key-binding for different toons?

Since I use a totem manager to mange my totems, and "RTZXCV" is hotkeys configured by the totem-manager, which make me cant use those hotkeys for my pally:(
ehly
Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 pm
As they said if you look through your specific addon menus. Most/many have a profile selection these days. This will do what you want. I use various UI's on my characters fine.

Narcil
Wed May 28, 2008 11:46 am
ACP can load UI profiles, even for one toon, w/o a restart. Say, for example, one UI for tanking, one for Healing. This can also be keybound, I keybind it w/ a macro that swaps my gear sets with the UI, using Itemrack to swap the gear.

Works pretty well, I do have to reload the UI for it to take effect though, which is part of my Macro.
fuzzygeek
Sat May 31, 2008 4:42 pm
Just had a thought.

It'll eat up a ton of hard drive space, but space is cheap nowadays.

Different install directories for different characters. It does mean you'll have to manage two different /addon directories, but that's kind if what you want, no?
_________________